Star Wars E-book Price Alerts

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Koric, Apr 17, 2019.

1. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's an opinion I hear more and more and I am starting to respect it. I don't entirely agree with it, but I am mellowing on the ST a bit, though I still find them better than the PT from the character perspective. However, the one difference I will note is that the OT and PT drew heavily from classic mythology, while the ST drew heavily from more modern and psychological references rather than archetypes, per se. I think the ST is a much more personal story with a mythic and galaxy spanning backdrop.

Obviously, mileage, but that's my take. Even now, despite rewatching all 3 PT in anticipation of the ST finale, I just couldn't sit through them.
    I am excited to read this book. I've heard a lot of good things.

Koric likes this.
  2. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

That was one of the most dissapointing for me about the ST.

Are the OT novels as good written as the PT novels?

Koric likes this.
  3. Koric

Koric Commander Red Shirt

Hey @fireproof78 I agree wholeheartedly. But as I said its not important or necessary for me to feel insecure enough about myself to force my opinions on the ST on someone. Am I disappointed? Sure. But I think no matter what even people who liked the ST still felt a little disappointed too. With the PT I realized one important fact: the flaws are more evident if the viewer put more focus on Anakin's journey his age, immaturity, love story, obsession etc. What I support and like in the PT is the overall Jedi vs Sith conflict/ mystery. Can anyone be disappointed in the PT? Sure. Is it valid? Absolutely. But again it came from Lucas.

Again the PT strengths for me are: Sidious and the mystery of Plagueis and the discoveries of the dark side, and the Jedi,with the light side, let's not forget Jango and Boba Fett. But what I see and cherish in the PT is the definition of the Sith, the Jedi at their height and might or arrogance, the manipulation of Sidious incredible story plots that Lucas created.

@USS Firefly I would say yes. But without ruining the OT books. There are smaller deviations and revelations in the Star Wars and Empire novels. But the Jedi one is doozy honestly. It sets up innocently an early view of PT trilogy in 1983 answers we truly wouldnt get until ROTS IN 2005. If you can get the 3 in one Star Wars Trilogy book its sometimes $5. I love PT novels for their deviations and revelations, and you get some of the same with OT novels. Remember if you were a kid of the 80s the OT novels were like the only way to own or have the movies,,the VHS tapes were almost $100 a piece in 1984. No joke. But the Jedi novelization is probably what you want in expectations, possibly. But definitely read all three I say. Firefly if you like the ROTS novel you have to read Rise of Darth Vader and the Darth Plageuis novels too. The Plageuis novel is excellent and strengthens the PT and the PT novels too.

Enjoy and I hope this helps you :)
    -Koric

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    USS Firefly likes this.
  4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

In my opinion, yes.
    I'm not saying there are not high points of the PT, as there is a huge amount of visual design that I think Lucas has a good eye for that design language.

I'll not parse at the PT as I think that will be a fruitless exercise. Suffice to say the highs of the PT do not outweigh the lows, and as much as I appreciate Lucas and vision, I don't think it was executed the way that keeps me in to it. Now, I think Lucas has done a great job with the books to allow for that creative expansion of the material. That's were I think SW is strongest.

Koric likes this.
  5. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't feel disappointed at all.

fireproof78 likes this.
  6. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I have and love those Prequel novels, like "Cloak of deception" and "Labyrint of evil".

Koric likes this.
  7. Koric

Hey all,

To anyone watching the thread now. Amazon has another deal you have to activate for this Memorial Day weekend.

Its spend $20 dollars get $5 back in ebook credit on Amazon:
    Only good for purchases from 5/21-5/28/2020.

Wishing everyone all the best on the forums. Please have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend to all.

Just a heads up and FYI for everyone.
    All the best.
    -Koric

8. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am not sure why I got the email, but Amazon just offered me $5 off the Solo novelization by Mur Lafferty for the next week. That's 50% off, and I jumped at that.

Koric likes this.
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed that one when I read it a few months ago.

Smiley likes this.
  10. Koric

Hey Smiley you lucky man you. Congrats my man :)

As of today on Amazon uk
    There are a bunch of Star Wars ebooks too at 2p and 4p on sale in the uk too looks like half price at 8p too.

Great deals all around :)
    -Koric

Smiley likes this.
  11. Koric

@Smiley if you like the Solo novelization you have to read Brian Daley's Han Solo Trilogy and especially A.C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy too. Both are beyond awesome, and had some influence in the Solo movie.

Sadly both author's passed but their books live on as a great legacy.
    -Koric

12. Smiley

I have read all of those. Daley's were fine serial-type adventures. I thought Crispin's were amazing, setting up everything you need or want to know about Han and his friends. Muuurgh and the Togorians were great additions to the Legends universe.

Koric likes this.
  13. Smiley

Ascension from the Fate of the Jedi series is discounted to $4.99 starting today.

Koric likes this.
  14. Koric

Hey all,

Amazon is running a promotion on ebooks right now. Spent $30 on ebooks and receive an $8 credit on ebook purchases. Its started on Aug 5th and ends on Aug 12th.

Just a heads up. Please stay safe and best wishes to everyone on the forums.
    Enjoy,
    -Koric

Turtletrekker likes this.
  15. Koric

16. Koric

Hey all,

Amazon is running a promotion on ebooks right now. Spend $25 on ebooks and receive an $6 credit on ebook purchases. Its started on Sept 3 and ends on Sept 10th for the labor day weekend.

Enjoy,
    -Koric

17. Koric

Two new Star Wars deals on Amazon in ebook right now as of 9/7/2020:

Star Wars: Resistance Reborn is $3.99

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith illusrated screenplay is $6.99

Enjoy,
    Koric

18. Koric

Hey all,

As of today 9/13/2020 as an Amazon daily deal:

Star Wars: Master and Apprentice is on sale at $2.99 in ebook on Amazon until Midnight.

So grab it while you can.
    May the Force be with You Always to all on the forums.
    -Koric

Smiley likes this.
  19. Smiley

In honor of Star Wars Reads month, from October 5 to October 9, the YA novel A Crash of Fate is being offered for free. If you like romance or Batuu, this is a great time to pick this one up.

Koric likes this.
  20. Koric

Hey all,

Amazon is running a promotion on ebooks right now. Spend $20 on ebooks and receive an $5 credit on ebook purchases. Its started on October 5th and ends on October 12th..

Enjoy,
    -Koric