Star Trek Voyager Desktop Wallpapers

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Thomas Eugene, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Great wallpaper from the best pilot episode in any series ever!

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

I had forgotten this scene, thanks! Time for a rewatch.

3. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

LOL LOL LOL ...
    That one has probably been my fav post so far. I would have given two likes if I could ... :biggrin:
    So the thing is that I did use the crash as the background, it's just gimp'ed (= photoshopped). But obviously I managed to disguise it very well ... :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

In any case I'm glad you like the wallpaper. Sorry to disappoint with the crash thing.
    But hopefully today's picture below will also be to your liking.

Thanks, you are very kind. I don't know too many series but VOY is definitely my fav show so I tend to agree with this. Whenever I get back to watching CARETAKER, I have this "Ooh, it's starting!"-feeling, which is great. There is always so much to look forward to every time I go back to the beginning.

We do tend to forget bits and pieces of even our favourite shows and films (let alone books). Although I have seen VOY 37 times so far (yes, every episode - at least 37 times) sometimes a scene or just someone's haircut or something similarly minor thing pops to mind and I really have to rack my brains to remember which episode it comes from. This is also one of the reasons why I tend to devote to the B-plots at least one of the 15 wallpapers I make for one episode on average. Like with LIFE LINE I have made a wallpaper with the dialogue between Janeway and Chakotay in her ready room where they discuss the status of the Maquis.

Throwing a quick glance at a set of wallpapers is like rushing through the episode in one minute and then even those smaller scenes come back easily that we otherwise tend to forget.

Tracy Trek likes this.
  4. Thomas Eugene

5. KimMH

You’re one of the THIRTY-SEVEN!I’m not worthy! I admire the detail you pour into these!

6. Thomas Eugene

LOL ... We are having a series of funny posts :biggrin:.
    I've never thought of myself as being one of the 37's but it's fitting.

And thx. This is a hobby for me and I think hobbies are worth pursuing only if you give them your all.

cosmic mouse and KimMH like this.
  7. Thomas Eugene

And for today we have Janeway and Harry:

[​IMG]

8. KimMH

I’m so glad you post them here; they’re a real bright spot here!

Thomas Eugene and cosmic mouse like this.
  9. Thomas Eugene

Thanks. I'm just glad you like them.

On a related but different note, there seems to be something wrong with Pinterest. If I upload something, it automatically gets shrunk. But the earlier wallpapers are there in their original sizes. If anyone knows what's happening, please tell me. I am uploading these wallpapers here from PINTEREST so if I can't upload anything there, I won't be able to share them here either. Or just in very small format.

Can I upload pictures to this website directly from my PC too? Does anyone know? And if yes, will they keep their original size?

KimMH likes this.
  10. Thomas Eugene

For the time being though here is CARETAKER:

[​IMG]

11. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, the bun of steel

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    KimMH likes this.
  12. KimMH

Love the bun of steel!
    I have trouble posting most pictures here; I’m mostly attempting from my phone, though. They’re always sideways. :rommie:

Thomas Eugene and Athena28 like this.
  13. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

Best pilot episode in any series.

I remember getting goosebumps when Kim stated that "we're on the other side of the galaxy" the first time I watched Caretaker. "Now the adventures really start!" was my immediate thought.

I still get goosebumps when I watch that scene!

14. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

One of my favorite episodes. Zimmerman is hilarious - as is the Doctor!

KimMH likes this.
  15. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

So if you are a premium member here I believe you can upload images directly but there are size restrictions.

I switched to using imgur.com some time ago to host the images that I share here when photobucket destroyed their platform.

Lynx and Thomas Eugene like this.
  16. Thomas Eugene

Thanks for answering and thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if that websize resizes the pictures? It seems that this is a new "feature" of Pinterest. And of course, resizing means reducing the size of everything.

Let's see how this new "feature" works. I have just uploaded a picture on Pinterest. This will be the background to the next set of character studies - so it's not complete yet. I have only begun working on this. I'll upload it here, let us test the new format:

[​IMG]

KimMH likes this.
  17. Thomas Eugene

So yes, as I have thought. You can't even click on it to make it larger. This means that if I can't find another website this is what Pinterest is going to do to all of my 1360x768 wallpapers ...

:barf:

18. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

I don't think Imgur resizes pics automatically, though I usually resize stuff myself before uploading there, so not 100% sure. It's free so you could open an account and test it out...

19. Thomas Eugene

Apparently that website is supposed to send me some kind of code via mobile phone. But of course, it has never arrived. I tried it three times ... :wah:
    Naturally, getting a text message from the other side of the Atlantic is usually next to impossible in this part of the world ...

20. KimMH

:sigh: I’m sorry. How frustrating.