Star Trek: The Musical

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by fek'lhr, Apr 15, 2010.

1. fek'lhr

fek'lhr Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Srsly guys. I have had this idea for ages... Of course the songs keep changing in my mind, except one. Aqua's Dr. Jones sung as Dr. Bones. If only there was some way around copyright infringement, I'd be on it right now. Straight to Vegas. Personally I can see it being done really well if it is fun and campy like TOS. Perhaps not the 'future' of Star Trek but would you like it to be in the future? Anyways, thoughts? Songs? Dance numbers?

2. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

That would be awesome if there was a Star Trek The Musical but what would it be about just all Star Trek?

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Vice Admiral Admiral

Heck, if the frakking NFL can write a musical, you can.

4. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I love musicals and I can't deny it. So if someone come up with one about Star Trek, I would probably love it (if anything for the cheese factor). However, instead of using existing songs, why don't you write your own?

5. fek'lhr

fek'lhr Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh I would but just the thought of using a 90's pop song in a Star Trek musical amuses me.

It would be hard to do the whole series, but I think I could do it. I wouldn't want to just have a song or two summering what happens. I think maybe having a short cliched plot line for each would be better.
    Maybe Janeway will reveal the VOY reset button.

6. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Check it this thread:
    A 'Star Trek' musical theater play possible? [Broadway]

and this 2-person play:

and this last year in the UK:
    there's also the version of Dickens classic tale 'A Christmas Carol ' Performed in the Original Klingon with English Supertitles at the above thread.

7. Training

Training Commander

No. Just No. Compleletly horrible Europop that even that group regrets making. The only other song that is even more horrible would be Barbie.

I can see it now. Come on Barbie lets go party = Come on Commander don't be tardy.

8. Newski

Newski Captain Captain

You know, there is a section for fan productions. And I am looking to take some time off from my major "bread and butter" projects to do something a bit more fun, and low budget.....

9. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought that Spock's Brain: The Musical would be a good fit for the Las Vegas Strip. You'd be able to have plenty of sequined showgirls and, if you throw in plot elements from a few of the campier Trek stories, you'd have more than enough material for a 90-minute show.

Just imagine a Vegas-style extravaganza built around songs like "The Givers of Pain and Delight" and "Brain and Brain, What is Brain?"

Sure bet, right?

10. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I went to a Star Trek musical once many years ago put on by one of our local schools. It was brilliant. They had dressed up part of the school as corridors, turbolift and bridge, the bridge being the school's amphitheatre, and students dressed up in uniforms taking people to the bridge. The play was based on Frame of Mind, the episode where Riker is perceived to be mad.

11. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

STAR TREK: THE MUSICAL! A giant Star Trek flies in! A thousand Vietnamese children in rags swarm the stage! If that turns out to be too expensive to put on, then one Vietnamese child in rags swarms the stage.

Apologies to those who don't get the reference, this might shed some light:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyzuwZJtF0g