Star Trek: The Compendium

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by BeatleJWOL, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

What u lucky guys gonna spend your extra 5 bucks on?

2. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This.

Plus, I cannot remember ever actually receiving a rebate I applied for. I recently took a mobile phone service provider up on a sizable rebate offer, to be received in six to eight weeks. Ten weeks later I am still waiting. :klingon:

The rules have to be followed absolutely to the letter or the request can be disqualified, and apparently applying the stamp slightly out of square can be reason to disqualify. :scream:

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I think I could make more than $5 selling the single-disc copy of the 2009 film on eBay...

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Five measly dollars. Well, so much for that.

6. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I doubt that's the Compendium really.

7. xavier

xavier Commander

When exactly is this box set out . I hope it will be before Christmas. it is the only way I will be able to purchase it because by then there will be a lot of Christmas sales and discounts.

8. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

US version will be released 9 September, two weeks from today.

9. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

10. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Looks like it's going to be North America only (but region free) so feel free to import, non-Americans.

11. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't wait to buy this baby this coming Tuesday!

12. BigMovieGeek

BigMovieGeek Commander Red Shirt

I actually notices all of the new extras on the itunes digital copy now. I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order.

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

14. jbohn

jbohn Commander Red Shirt

Only Ultraviolet? No iTunes copy like the last 2 releases? That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

15. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although I suppose ordering in from Amazon.com isn't such a big deal, I'm kinda annoyed that fans across the world were pissed off as to how the entire Bluray release when handled when it first came out, and now only the US gets this set, officially. Makes total sense ofcourse. :(

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Only Europe got steelbook releases. They target different releases for different territories, been going on for quite a while now.

17. StalwartUK

Guess only the US/Canada has enough fans to matter. Even now in the UK Paramount are just re-releasing the same discs as they did last year (no new features).

Not the first thing the UK has been left out of either, we missed out on some of the TNG "movie" releases too.

18. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

The Digital HD copies are both available in either Ultraviolet or iTunes. So it's not UV only.

19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I got this today and while the packaging looks great once you get it in your hands and take the discs out you realize how shoddy it is. It's already falling apart on me.

20. StalwartUK

As I said, it was "for the fans". Would it have really been that difficult for them to just pack the four discs in a standard Blu-ray case?

Too bad they just didn't release STID standalone. As I already have the ST09 Special Edition that part of it would just be dead weight to me. Importing it might not seem like much but if you're not so lucky here in the UK as I learned not long ago the extra fees and Royal Mail's £8 flat(!) handling fee can quickly add up.