Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by ironnerd, Apr 18, 2017.

1. ironnerd

ironnerd Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello fellow Trekkies, Trekkers, and Trekoids.
    A long time ago, my favorite arcade game was Sega's Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator. I'm sure a few of you remember it. It was a pretty impressive game for 1983. Nice vector graphics, voice synthesis (kinda), and good game play (again for the era). I liked it so much I saved my money and bought for my Ti-99 computer :)

It has been preserved in the internet archive here, https://archive.org/details/arcade_startrek

Video:

Since one of my hobbies is game writing, I sat down one day and hashed out a dice-and-paper game that is a merging of Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, and FASA's Star Trek: Starship Tactical Combat Simulator. A week later, I think it is mostly ready for someone to play.
    If there is any interest, I'll put it in my G-Drive or something so I can post a link, since I don't think I can post pdf's in this forum.
    Feedback is welcomed. Positive feedback is cherished (I've been a mediocre game writer for a few decades now, I'm used to not-so-positive feedback).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Mad Jack Wolfe likes this.