Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

MR announced they've gotten the rights to continue EM's Doctor Who line, so it looks like I might eventually be able to fill in those holes on my shelf where the Fourth and Ninth (and Fourteenth and Fifteenths) Doctors should be. Plus a few more Daleks.

Looking forward to more TARDIS consoles, since we never got a complete range before. Also, it'd be nice if some of the existing releases were reissued with updated models since they were somewhat inaccurate.

Cool! I’ve been posting here for awhile now in the Trek Literature forum but never thought to look for an Eaglemoss Star Trek models group!

I started subscribing to the main line “Official Starships Collection” back in 2013 as soon as they started offering the subs in the U.S. I also started my sub with the specials included (but when they majorly messed up the handoff from their U.K. based customer service to the U.S. based one, not initially sending the info as to which special everyone was up to, I ended up switching to buying the specials via the website.

I eventually got my full 180 issues of the main series (all but maybe a couple or three via the subscription, but I had to wait around a year after receiving issue #180, the Borg Cube, to when Eaglemoss finally sent me my last couple I was waiting for, the Jem’Hadar Battleship being the last one).

I stayed away from the XLs, Star Trek Onlines, Discoverys, and Universes while Eaglemoss was still in business, focusing on finishing the main series, the smaller bonus issues, the specials I just had to have, and the shuttlecraft sets.

When Eaglemoss went bankrupt last year, I got a couple XLs cheap at various Black Friday sales and I got hooked. So, once Master Replicas started their drops (and also Real Merch started selling them), I worked on getting the last of the bonus issues and specials I was missing and certain XLs.

I also tried out a couple of the Star Trek Online ships and got hooked on those! And I started getting some of the Discovery and Picard/Universe ships.

Flash forward to now and I’m currently sitting at 348 of 406 the Eaglemoss Star Trek models (85.7%)), not including one I’m waiting to get shipped out by Master Replicas (the XL Enterprise-C I finally managed to get!). I also have four Eaglemoss Battlestar Galactica models and three Orville (with two more on the way: the smaller Orville and the Krill Destroyer). (I also finished collecting all of the Eaglemoss Star Trek: Graphic Novels Collection hardcovers including all 140 regular issues and the six specials. I don’t have the four upsell specials, but I wasn’t really looking for those.)

My top priority ships now are the XL Enterprise-B, XL Enterprise-A, XL Klingon K’t’inga, and the STO Buran. I’m excited that the announcement sent out today about this Friday’s drop has all four of those on it but at the same time am very nervous about it. I mean, if I try to select all four, I’m in danger of taking too much time and have some or all of them sell out before I can finish the transaction!

Anyway, like I said, I’m happy to see a thread here about these.

— David Young

I’m excited that the announcement sent out today about this Friday’s drop has all four of those on it but at the same time am very nervous about it.
I’ve seen some people just buy the ships in which they’re most interested in an initial transaction, then try go back for the other ones. I guess the idea is it’s better to miss out on one than all.
Flash forward to now and I’m currently sitting at 348 of 406 the Eaglemoss Star Trek models (85.7%)
Heh, I had no idea how many I have, so I did a quick count and I believe I’m currently at 347, so one less than you, lol. (I’ve passed on most of the STO and XLs.)

I’ve seen some people just buy the ships in which they’re most interested in an initial transaction, then try go back for the other ones. I guess the idea is it’s better to miss out on one than all.

Yeah, but that doesn’t really work when there are four ships that I really really want all in the same drop! It’s so hard to prioritize when they are around the same *gotta have it* level! (If push comes to shove, I want that XL K’t’inga the most, followed by the XL Enterprise-B, the XL A, and the STO Buran. But I’ll still be very bummed out by any that sell out before I can purchase them since who knows which ones might never show up there again?)

Heh, I had no idea how many I have, so I did a quick count and I believe I’m currently at 347, so one less than you, lol. (I’ve passed on most of the STO and XLs.)

Well, if you are only one less than me and you’ve passed on most of the STOs and XLs, then you must have a good deal more of the Star Trek Discovery ships than I do. That’s the line that I have the least of at this point.

— David Young

Reactions: drt
:lol: Read: "We have a massive surplus of these things in our warehouse that nobody wants - PLEASE TAKE THEM!"

If it’s the standard size La Sirena (which I assume it is), I can actually use it because I opted to buy only the XL version. However, there is no way that I’m going to take the valuable seconds today to type in a discount code when I know that the ships that I want that are dropping today are going to be in short supply. So, I’ll hold off on that until another December order, most likely.

David Young

:lol: Read: "We have a massive surplus of these things in our warehouse that nobody wants - PLEASE TAKE THEM!"
I also noticed that the most recent signature series has 500 copies of other things that seemed like they wouldn’t have large numbers of anymore, so either they held back substantial quantities of those in anticipation of the signature series, or they’ve found tons more.

Shipwise, I just got the Bonus issue 1701-F, which I didn’t recall being announced for today’s list.

I also got some Universe binders and a statue, my order was over $75, so of course the free La Sirena code didn’t work.

I also got some Universe binders and a statue, my order was over $75, so of course the free La Sirena code didn’t work.

I heard back from them today, you have to add the La Sirena model into your basket first in order for the code to work, it won't just automatically append La Sirena to an existing basket... and they can't amend any confirmed orders, because reasons :rolleyes:

I did point out their instructions were crap... :shrug:

I heard back from them today, you have to add the La Sirena model into your basket first in order for the code to work, it won't just automatically append La Sirena to an existing basket... and they can't amend any confirmed orders, because reasons :rolleyes:

I did point out their instructions were crap... :shrug:
That’s annoying. The instructions didn’t say anything about that.

I guess that’s why the last time they had one of those “get one free codes” it also didn’t work for me — well, now that know how it works, I’m largely finished, lol.

Last edited:
I just don’t know what they could possibly offer as a strictly Trek collector that could get me to buy into the club. The signature series stuff for example holds no interest for me. And I have all the ships I want.

Back