Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't see that one on Real Merch or Master Replica at the moment. You can certain;y wait and see if any are added in the near future.

Alternatively, I did see a few on eBay, but the price is REALLY jacked up. (All were over $100, plus shipping).

I guess it comes down to which you have more (or less) of: money or patience.

Sidenote: For anyone who's interested, I believe Real Merch still has the Rick Sternbach Voyager concept and the Bonaventure, which are two of my favorites, and I believe they're still on sale.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    Kirby likes this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I was hoping Corgi would get the molds

Kirby likes this.
  3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did find them on eBay, but yeah, the prices are crazy. I could afford one, but my wife wouldn't be very happy about it.
    I did order a 4" Parliament class on Gameprint last night, and if it looks good, I'll probably go for a larger size Probert Ent C.

With the news from Corgi, I'm interested to see what they come up with.

publiusr, NCC-73515 and Markonian like this.
  4. t_smitts

So according to the site, the MR update is 10 hours away, but I can't help but wonder if it will open early, like last time.

Markonian likes this.
  5. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

I think their countdown timer is just broken. Now they just have a message up on the site giving what time the sale starts. Still set for 4pm est in the US.

6. t_smitts

It's open now, with the new stuff. The only thing there that interests me is the Hierarchy ship, but I'm gonna hold off for a few more hours until the second countdown is up to see if there's anything else that interests me, so I can save a bit on shipping. If I miss out on the Hierarchy ship, I don't think I'm gonna lose a lot of sleep.

7. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

Site is up, all of the previous drop is gone. I got

Book’s Ship
    ISS Shenzhou NCC-1227
    Hierarchy Ship

Saw the Death glider like 2 minutes late and it was already sold out.

Richard S. Ta and Markonian like this.
  8. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

Snagged a modern galactica (didn't realize that was being offered this round) and a colonial one

Markonian and Kirby like this.
  9. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Share pics of those when you get them! I'm thinking about getting the Probert-C and the Ent-F from them...

Kirby likes this.
  10. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got the Discovery, and that'll probably be it for me.

11. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ironically the only one I got this time around was a Dalek... I either already had the Trek ships on offer or wasn't interested. To be honest I wasn't particularly interested in the Daleks either, but they were more than 50% off, so I thought "what the hell"...

[​IMG]

Richard S. Ta and Markonian like this.
  12. Paul755

Thinking about it, the Enterprise F is another one I hope pops up in a future sale. Given that the design is canon now and not just something from STO.

NCC-73515 and Macintosh like this.
  13. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I think you’ll be in luck, a lot of the MR releases have been the newer window boxed models, which should include the 1701-F.

Richard Baker and Macintosh like this.
  14. t_smitts

Since it's warming up, I took a walk over to my local store. Sadly, I think my days of buying from there are almost at an end. It's not like he's buying from a dealer anymore, so what he's got is what he's got. Since I'm not interested in the XL ships or the newer stuff, I think the only two remaining mainline models were the Captain Proton ship and Archer's remote control toy. I ended up choosing the latter. (It still bugs me that those two got a model, but Degra's ship didn't).

Looks okay, but it's a model of a toy, so what do you expect.

On the plus side, Jupiter Station will likely arrive tomorrow, and I've got about seven other ships (including the Hierarchy ship) in the pipeline, thanks to the April 5 sale. I'm waiting with anticipation for the next MR update in 10 days. Hopefully, promising a Caretaker's array or a Spacedock or something on my wishlist.

publiusr likes this.
  15. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got all three of the Enterprise F model. The STO and Starfleet livery versions and the refit. I'm hoping they will release a XL Picard version one day.

16. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Always good to have a few Daleks on the desk, sir!

Macintosh likes this.
  17. Paul755

Ben just tweeted that a “restock” email is coming out today from MR from ships they sold previously including the Lower Decks Titan. But no Cerritos.

Macintosh and 137th Gebirg like this.
  18. CommanderTrip

CommanderTrip Captain Captain

Curious to see what the offerings are. I'm still missing a uss nog (shows as unfulfilled) from my first order. Sent an email to customer service on Saturday and no response.

19. Paul755

just got the e-mail.

they are selling more of the Defiant, Prometheus XL, Edison, Concorde, 1701-C, Lower Decks Titan and 1701-E XL. Sales is this Friday at 4p EST.

the e-mail also says they will announce the next fresh batch for sale this week. And it includes some stuff that was never released.

drt and 137th Gebirg like this.
  20. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

It's sort of interesting that they're even bothering to sell 5-6 copies of rare ships for close to the original retail price when they could just pop them on eBay and make more.