Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pleased to see the Steamrunner, Saber and Norway class ships on the planned list of 70 issues, I hope they get confirmed soon, but I'd also really love to see a Pasteur or preferably Daedalus class ship at some point too.

With all of the above that should cover all the main Federation starships, without getting into the really obscure ones. Centaur class would be nice but may be asking a bit too much, especially since they would have to somehow fill 20 pages on it!

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Centaur is already planned (scroll down to the bottom). It will probably take a while, but I am looking forward to that one too.

3. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got my Akira, Reliant, and Ent-D dedication plaque today. All three are very nice. My only gripe is the display stand for the Reliant. The clear stand is very loose in the black base, and on the ship itself. That thing is gonna fall off constantly. But as far as the models go? I think they're the best looking Fed models yet. Although I thought the Akira was supposed to have Aztecking.

4. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Out of all of the models, the Reliant is definitely the most loose. I thought the Defiant was also pretty loose. The stand doesn't connect with the ship very well at all.

And others, like the Voyager, have the opposite problem where the stand doesn't fit into the base very well.

Oh, well. Small issues with an almost perfect line of models. I can live with them.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Obviously you either didn't read or just didn't look. But lo and behold, someone else posed a link.

6. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So, just go my replacement DS9, two of them in fact. So now I have three of them. One of them is going to become Empok Nor.

7. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Hey, that would be great! :techman:

I know the photon torpedo launchers extended, but the circular base is permanent. Just thought they could be seen.
    [​IMG]

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh it's there. It's just tiny. Those weapons are housed on the little tiny outward-facing, uh, pylons (?) on the runabout docking ring area. I just picked my DS9 up and looked and you can see a little circle dome area on that area.

9. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Damned if they aren't! :lol: :bolian:

I was looking on the upper and lower pylons!!

Thanks!

10. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

You should find a way to tilt it so you can differentiate it from DS9.

11. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

Thanks!
    I only get on this forum at work and try to keep up, but occasionally miss pages. I am glad they fixed the front bussards in production- I am going to have to get one now for sure..

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I received my replacement DS9 (actually two of them, one of which also had the broken pylons, but it was a free replacement and easily glued together so I wont complain), and the latest shipment (Reliant and Akira) with the Dedication plaque at the end of last week. I'm happy with the quality with the latest run.

I was also charged for the next run this morning. I'm looking forward to the Ferengi Marauder next time!

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

14. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Going to have to rewatch the espisodes and see if there were any color differences. I don't have my model in front of me, but I think I should black out any windows there are.

15. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Out of interest, so? I know some very minor changes were made for either INS or NEM, but frankly without having seen the article on it on Ex Astris Scientia, I don't think I would have ever even noticed myself.
    FC was when it first appeared in all it's glory so why shouldn't it look like that

16. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think the most noticeable difference is the paint scheme. IIRC, the NEM version has a darker, more detailed paint scheme than FC.

17. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The E-E changed between movies in a few ways:

1. In each movie, the warp nacelles were moved slightly higher above the line of the saucer. In FC, they lined up with the saucer. In INS, they were lined up with that 'shelf' halfway up the saucer height. By NEM they were raised to being in line with the top of the bridge dome.

2. In INS, the under-saucer torpedo launcher was replaced by the captain's yacht.

3. In NEM, the model was upgraded to include all sorts of extra torpedo launchers and phaser strips.

I like the look of the ship by NEM. I prefer my ships to be bristling with weapons. Space is a dangerous place, be prepared...

"Space is disease and death wrapped in darkness and silence." - Cadet Leonard McCoy, AU 2255

18. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

The FC-E was very, very white. The nacelles were far chunkier, lower, further back. Less weapons and less detail.

In INS she was given a paint scheme and the upgrades mentioned above, but the CGI was not so good, so the detail was washed out or hard to see.

NEM gave her the weapons, new nacelles pushed forward, lovely new colour scheme (as in having one at all) and swept the saucer into the stardrive better.

But they've gone with the '96 white chunky version, no thanks.

19. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never bought these so I don't know, is that what they each come with, a 20 page magazine?
    Well I can see how they could fill up the ones on say the Enterprises, Voyager, Defiant, etc. And ones like Cardassian and Klingon ships have been seen dozens of times.

But what did they do for the Akira? It's never really dominantly seen tbh, not for more than a few seconds anyway. Really only ever seen the in the background of battle scenes from FC and DS9, and then VOY: Message in a Bottle.

Also the Borg sphere, how many different angles can you show of a sphere? ;)

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

They put a lot of production notes in there. Info from the ship's creater, Alex Yeager, and such. It's pretty much everything that had been published previously in both the Official Star Trek Magazine and the Official Star Trek Fact Files (the latter also by Eaglemoss).