Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

issue 73 has been announced as a bonus; it's the rogue borg ship from decent.

2. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Bonus - as in like the subscriber-only type, like the AGT 1701-D? Or as in a special, like the super-sized ones?

Speaking of the AGT-1701-D - when about where those shipped out? I can't recall ever having gotten mine but want to check my e-mails before I contact them to be sure.

3. gaghyogi49

gaghyogi49 Commander Red Shirt

As in "I've already revealed the next 5 ships (61-65) today but as a bonus I will also tell you what ship no 73 will be."

4. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

That's remarkable! I personally never liked the Eaglemoss Runabout because it lacks all the panel lines that make a Runabout so distinctive, but holy cow - thats some impressive work. You've give it a true sense of scale - crappy camera or not it looks great.

5. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

I just got my first Eaglemoss shipment today and I'm very pleased. I don't think the detail is any better than my Hot Wheels collection, but the overall package is superb. I loved the mag and will definitely continue my subscription. If anyone wants pics, I'd post, but based upon the contents of this thread and the fact that the D model is the first in everyone's collection, it's probably redundant. We'll see what the future holds.

6. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Please don't hesitate to post pictures, even if it's the old models. There can't be too many beauty shots.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Thanks very much. That's nice of you to say. :)

9. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Not how I display them, or a great shot, but thought I'd lay out all my current fleet of Starfleet ships tonight.

[​IMG]

Still no Defiant, though I have just ordered the Oberth-class and TMP Enterprise so they should be here soon. And yes, the NX-01 is technically Earth-Starfleet. And though the USS Dauntless may not count, I go by it's apppearance in ENT: Azati Prime and figure the Starfleet of that future must have adopted the design.

10. Markonian

^ That's a cool shot. One never tires looking at those models.

11. IrishNero

IrishNero Commodore

Wow, that's a pretty awesome shot. I've just started my collection but I see some ships there that I can't wait to get, like the Akira, the NX-01 and the Promethius.

12. Ethros

I'll admit I did copy the layout from this pic Eaglemoss put out btw.
    Just a few swaps for ones I don't have.
    Don't think I'll bother with the Maquis Raider, to me it just looks too much like a model. If that makes sense, the original design I mean. So this would be a model of a model, rather than a model of a starship :)

[​IMG]

13. Markonian

For what it's worth, the Dauntless-class science vessel is a Federation Starfleet ship class in Star Trek Online. Fans, including me, had been begging Cryptic Studios for years to include the Dauntless, and they finally relented. :)

Technically, Federation Starfleet was probably a the result of a merger between the founding members' fleets in 2161, so the Kumari and Surak/Suurok could qualify as Starfleet ships, too.

14. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I were you, would really find something else to display those on. Some of those guys look a little precarious. :rolleyes:

15. Ethros

^ Dude, don't roll your eyes at me. Read the first line of my post. Above the picture.

16. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Some people are just never happy are they.

He uses that same smiley when complaining about not being able to afford these, I think asks for more photos to be shown and uses the same eye rolls again, because? I have no idea.

I have most of that collection too, just no Dauntles or Raider.

17. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was a joke. Take a chill pill, huh?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

You keep using that smiley. I do not think it means what you think it means.

19. Ethros

Dimesdan, I know you've said you get yours from shops, did you get the last issue, the 8472 bioship? Just because I didn't bother, so I wondered if so what your thoughts were with it?

Next up is the Enterprise-era Intrepid. I'm just looking at some pictures subscribers have posted it on the Facebook page now. I'm debating whether to get it or not when it's out on Thursday- it's a nice design, but the drawback is there just isn't that much detail to it.

20. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Due to a somewhat limited budget, I'm just keeping to the Starfleet vessels for now, my best mate does subscribe and I saw the Bio ship around his last week, it looked ok, but I didn't have a feel of it or anything.

I'm also in two minds about getting the Intrepid on Thursday, I'm going to see if they have it in and have a gander at it before committing.

Jokes are at least meant to be funny beyond the person making it. If you're the one making the joke, no one finds it funny other than yourself and then you get uppity, it wasn't funny in the first place.