Star Trek Short Treks "Calypso" Promo

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Tuskin38, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep, the people expecting the picard show to be full of okudagrams and rick sternbach designed starships are going to be severely disappointed.

F. King Daniel likes this.
  2. Attentiveluke

Attentiveluke Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah any ship will have to look 25% different; just like everything else in the discoverse...

3. Rahul

Rahul Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know? I would really enjoy it if the Picard-show had user interfaces in the style of Okudagramms (a similar aesthetic - I don't want backlight, mono-picture glasses back!). The Okudagram-style at least was a very unique, good-looking design.

The holographic bridge interfaces of the Discovery look... fine? I guess? But you could put the exact same graphics into "Iron Man", "Battleship" or "Generic Space movie #12", it literally looks like any other generic "futuristic" Hollywood production from the last ten years.

4. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    ... and damn proud of it...
    (this could be my driver license pic)
    [​IMG]
    (only with a lot more gray)
    :nyah:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I liked what little TOS interface design there was on the original. Its easy to read in a hurry and no frills. I wouldn't mind seeing an attempt to transfer that over to the holographic displays on Season 2. I like LCARS interface as well, and I could see starfleet using some form of it for man years. I mean look at our windows. How fundamentally different is the Windows 10 interface from Mac or Lisa interface from nearly 40 years ago?

6. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It is in the future. They built new ships. :-)

But yeah people are still going to complain about how the new picard series ruined picard and ruined trek and ruined their memories of TNG and is a complete discrace...blah blah blah

Agony_Boothb, PiotrB and Noname Given like this.