Star Trek Prodigy possible new ship (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by Gingerbread Demon, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

Possible new ship

Markonian and Commander Troi like this.
  2. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The guy in the video even says that he doesn’t know what the ship will look like. That Pathfinder nonsense was just his speculation.

Plus, he lost credibility when he said that the Enterprise-A was a Constellation class starship.

3. Gingerbread Demon

Oh boo hoo he made a mistake.......
    If the picture in the video is accurate that's a very cool design if it is right though.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It’s a ship from Star Trek Online. The producers of Prodigy aren’t beholden to use it. I would think they’d be more creative in designing their new hero ship.

saddestmoon likes this.
  5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

He corrected himself in the comments.

It most likely isn't.

Dukhat likes this.
  6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Most likely only after multiple posters that know their stuff corrected him. Seriously, ST fans are some of, if not the, most anal fans in existence. If you're gonna post videos like that, they better not have a glaring mistake like that (multiple times).

saddestmoon likes this.
  7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Reminds me of a YouTube video I saw years ago where this guy was trying to make a conspiracy theory vid about the show Saved By the Bell. Because he consistently mispronounced the name of the principal in that show, it was quite clear he had never even watched a single episode of the show he was allegedly critiquing. That’s when I realized that even complete morons still possess the skills to make a YouTube video.

saddestmoon and Richard S. Ta like this.
  8. Tuskin38

Constitution and constellation sound similar, I don't blame him.

[​IMG]

SpocksOddSocks and Markonian like this.
  9. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

The whole Constitution/Constellation thing dates back to "The Doomsday Machine". People were all too ready to assume that the Enterprise must have been a Constellation-class ship simply because the actual Constellation had a lower registry number. I think I've read a few novels to that effect as well.

The term "Constitution class" was not, AFAIK, actually canonized until ST VI, in that one bit where Scotty is looking at the technical schematics for the Enterprise-A which clearly have the phrase "CONSTITUTION CLASS STARSHIP" on them.

(OTOH, another popular fan theory was that the NCC-1700 from "Court Martial" was the Constitution but that has not been proven.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's all a con job.

SpocksOddSocks likes this.
  11. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Considering there's enough "not invented here" syndrome behind-the-scenes in streaming Trek for every show to make its own uniform style, and...
    ...for a new Titan to be invented which I suspect will be heavily implied to be the ship Riker took over in NEM, though not conclusively contradicting LDS...
    ...I'd say the odds of the new PRO hero-ship being an existing design of any kind is slim-to-none.

12. Tuskin38

There was a diagram made for "Space Seed" that also said Constitution Class on it, but either the scene was cut or was never filmed.

[​IMG]

The diagram does show up in "The Trouble with Tribbles", but it's not legible.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    Gary Seven of Nine likes this.
  13. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well.. Not giving some rando a click point..
    Please next time write out what he/she is trying to say.

In the end could be anything. I had how for a Vesta but Mark already nixed that idea .. But he said he is trying to get it canonized. Guess paramount doesn't want to pony up enough money or something.

So might be any known ship or new design, im tilting to new ship design .

Paul Weaver and Markonian like this.
  14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it originated in TNG The Battle where the original plan was for the Stargazer to be Constitution class, and the actors even say Constitution class when filming. A decision was made afterwards to use a different ship design, which was named Constellation class since that could be re-dubbed in and fit reasonably well with the mouth movements of the actors.
    The first on screen use of Constitution class, at least in dialogue, was actually TNG The Naked Now, which predates TUC by four years.

JRob94 likes this.
  15. Gingerbread Demon

That graphic looks like a balloon

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The new Titan is not the ship Riker commanded in Nemesis. It is explicitly meant to be a new ship constructed after his old one was decommissioned. There are even gold models showing the Luna class precursor along with the new version.

17. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

For some reason, he completely ignores the Starfleet traditions of having shuttles share the warp nacelle design with their motherships. While Voyager-A might have a different style of engine, the shuttles we saw are at least a good starting point for speculation.

Personally, the Pathfinder class is a great design. I wouldn't mind if Voyager-A belongs to a different class because I can then mentally use the Pathfinder class to represent Voyager-B. We have a whole lotta letters to fill up until the J!

JRob94 likes this.
  18. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I said “implied.” Star Wars has been doing this sort of thing for ages, seemingly overriding secondary material while leaving subtle little background indications for the fans that they might somehow both be true, then letting some novel or interview make it explicit and smooth things over when.

19. Tuskin38

The phaser one I posted? According to Memory-Alpha it's a modified diagram for a water heater used on the Desilu production lot.

And a gold 23rd Century Titan that looks suspiciously like the 25th Century Titan ;):lol:.

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

But it’s not “implied.” If it was, they wouldn’t have put that Luna class model on display.