Spoilers Star Trek: Prodigy 1x14 - "Crossroads"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by Commander Richard, Nov 16, 2022.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

7.6%
  2. 9

36.4%
  3. 8

40.9%
  4. 7

12.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

3.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Outrageous!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Markonian and Mike McDevitt like this.
  2. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looking forward to it.

I think this will be the best one of this (part of) season so far.

Wouter likes this.
  3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Buried in ice just like in Timeless

[​IMG]

The Erstwhile

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And before, in TNG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the new Murf - not a worm anymore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is the small blob over his head disconnected?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  4. AnimationAdmiral

AnimationAdmiral Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Attached by subspatial microfilaments, no doubt.

5. NCC-73515

It's really well written, quite complex for a kids show.
    But aren't these warbirds in the zone themselves already? :D

6. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You dare question the Romulan Star Empire!

We finally get a good Anti-Grav / Repulsor Hovercraft chase scene.
    I've been wanting to see more "Skimmers" in action.
    Finally got a good dose of it.

Also, it's good seeing more Admiral Janeway.

Markonian, shapeshifter, Deks and 2 others like this.
  7. AnimationAdmiral

Haven’t we seen Romulan Warbirds in Trek before? That would mean there must be some parts of the Neutral Zone where they can get a bit closer without crossing.

Or it’s a standoff — “out in the Neutral Zone, nobody knows what really goes down.”

8. NCC-73515

I think it always came down to: What are you doing in the zone?! - Well what are YOU doing in the zone!? :D

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

I swear these kids are just causing more trouble for themselves. If they had just told the truth to the Dauntless personnel when they were on the Ice planet about the Protostar, they wouldn't be in the mess they were in.

Wouter, Avro Arrow, Markonian and 5 others like this.
  10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

It was nice to see Xindi again, but I don’t get why they were on an ice planet. That’s the wrong climate for reptilians.

11. NCC-73515

Perhaps the Reptilians who betrayed the council were exiled, and these are their descendants, who have to live on inhospitable worlds because no one wants them. Daniels never mentioned what type of Xindi worked on the J, right?

AnimationAdmiral likes this.
  12. AnimationAdmiral

Zero, the telepath, points out they are now untrustworthy fugitives in their eyes — which means Starfleet would want to seize the ship, download the logs and potentially destroy themselves.

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I always assumed it was a Reptilian. That in the future the most hostile species of Xindi would serve on the Federation flag ship

14. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

I am disappointed in what Murf metamorphosed into. I looked forward to seeing a winged Murf. A humanoid looking Murf is mundane.

spinagogue, Gul Re'jal, 777 and 5 others like this.
  15. NCC-73515

plenty of episodes and developmental stages left

16. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

That Tellarite exchange is priceless! And heartbreaking for poor Jakom Pog in the end.

NuMurf's first official act--fire torpedo at the Dauntless. The shape of things to come!!!

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The music that played when the Romulans appeared reminded me of TOS

The Romulan commander was voiced by Kimberly Brooks.

Video game fans would probably know her as Ashley Williams in Mass Effect.

Vger23, Uhura's Song, HotRod and 3 others like this.
  18. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

Really good episode.
    And freaking short too.
    So, we had a chatter about the romulans in one of the threads last week... looks like Admiral Janeway accurately surmised it would be trouble if the Romulans captured UFP experimental technology (Protocore and drive) - even for a ship that was launched a year or so before the Dauntless - still, highly advanced.

And Admiral Janeway described the Protostar as a science vessel - its a good thing to see Starfleet was no longer kidding around with defensive/offensive systems for its science class of ships... then again, even the Nova class had ample weapons coverage - but much lower operating range.

But yes, ALL of the kids (sans Rok) interacted with the SF crew... they should have said something (or wanred the SF crew) immediately about there being a weapon onboard the Protostar - but I suspect that even if someone spoke up, Frex would have thrown that down the gutter.

Plus, as I accurately surmised, Frex ended up telling a wide tale of these 'savages' and never mentioning they were kids. Irresponsible.
    Admiral Janeway called him out on the fact he forgot to mention they were kids (to which he just 'grinned' - sheesh, the guy was telling a tale for the sake of impressing people... like he was in a Klingon bar - overembellishing).

Even Gwyn lost the opportunity when speaking with ensign Esensia after learning her father was alive (but its understandable she'd be in a bit of a shock seeing how no one told her that he was left alive/comatose on Tars Lamora with no means of escaping).

Dal's reaction to seeing admiral Janeway in the flesh was interesting... he did come to look at holo-Janeway as a good mentor/advisor (and possibly a mother figure of sorts given how he hugged her the last time), plus it seems he grew in admiration of her during the course of the series (its just a shame we hadn't seen him studying her logs of DQ accomplishments in one of the episodes and mentioning on an occasion or two how 'large' of an undertaking getting VOY back home was - I think it would have given his reaction more substance - he looked like he was meeting an 'icon' of sorts - but then again, he IS a teenager, so that needs to be taken into account).

Murf seems to have gone from an infant stage to toddler... and dangit Murf, be more careful around weapons... the first time you activated Phasers you helped the Protostar escape Tars Lamora... now, you've fired on a 'friendly' (yet another example of how you should keep toddlers away from tactical controls).

Was it just me or was the Protostar computer voice the same one used for Discovery while it was in the 23rd century?

Btw... it looks like the Protostar bridge layout is more akin to TOS than TNG... just 24th century version.
    The tactical controls are on Jankom's console. Plus, the controls weren't locked so Murf sitting on a console (like Riker did in TNG) ended up firing a torpedo (which shouldn't have done anything - although it could have been a comedic take on what Riker did - the TNG crew were more experienced and would lock out the controls probably to prevent Riker's rear end from doing something horrible to the ship - the kids are less experienced - and this WAS in the middle of the chase when Pog was using the station).

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Yeah, Romulans popping up in so close to discourage the Dauntless from entering the Zone means that the Romulans have already crossed the Zone...the Neutral Zone thing works both ways, guys.

A bit contrived how the kids all blew their opportunities to tell the Dauntless crew what was going on, but at least Rok called them out on it.

Wouter, Uhura's Song, JRob94 and 6 others like this.
  20. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was a good episode but with a lot of contrived points, if the Prodigy crew had acted more rationally or Starfleet had been less ineffective the situation would have been resolved by now.

I didn’t expect to find Okona playing Han Solo and the Xindi were a surprise.
    The D’drex look really menacing and is oh so romulan to invoke treaties while blatantly ignoring them. I guess this also solves the question of if the romulan refugee crisis is already happening (it isn’t).

Had plenty of fun. 8.