Votes: 7 3.0%

Votes: 6 2.6%

Votes: 1 0.4%

• 1 - Power Rangers

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Don't know what to say other than, "another '10' rating from me!" Perhaps I should manage my 10's better however as long as they keep delivering such well constructed and engaging episodes how can I rate them anything else?

Jeri Ryan's "Annika" (the Borg formerly known as Seven of Nine) was magnificent! I got chills when she first assumed the role of Borg Queen and was equally relieved when she disconnected from the collective. Kind of felt a touch disappointment in Elnor's voice when he asked if she was going to assimilate him … like a naïve teenager who wants to experience something without fully considering the consequences (:lol:).

Alison Pill and the writer's also did a great job with de-vilifying Dr. Jurati. I still do not believe she is going to survive this season (though praying I am wrong). Aside from Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, I feel Mrs. Pill is the 3rd strongest actor in terms of giving us a strong yet nuanced performance.

Curious as to how Narek re-found Picard's ship and then was apparently able to follow them into a Borg conduit without any problem? Also curious as to why Rios or Raffi didn't detect him?

Last edited:
Don't know what to say other than, "another '10' rating from me!" Perhaps I should manage my 10's better however as long as they keep delivering such well constructed and engaging episodes how can I rate them anything else?

Jeri Ryan's "Annika" (the Borg formerly known as Seven of Nine) was magnificent! I got chills when she first assumed the role of Borg Queen and was equally relieved when she disconnected from the collective. Kind of felt a touch disappointment in Elnor's voice when he asked if she was going to assimilate him … like a naïve teenager who wants to experience something without fully considering the consequences (:lol:).

Alison Pill and the writer's also did a great job with de-vilifying Dr. Jurati. I still do not believe she is going to survive this season (though praying I am wrong). Aside from Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, I feel Mrs. Pill is the 3rd strongest actor in terms of giving us a strong yet nuanced performance.

Curious as to how Narek re-find Picard's ship and then was apparently able to follow them into a Borg conduit without any problem? Also curious as to why Rios or Raffi didn't detect him?
This is why I held back on giving out 10's for any of the earlier episodes.

The unnamed son can be played by Brent Spiner without the makeup. Cause you know... Spiner DNA runs in the family apparently. :nyah:

Seriously, though, Arik was a geneticist. It's been postulated that Noonien was simply a clone of Arik Soong, maybe with enhanced intellectual capabilities. I imagine any "son" of Noonien's that isn't cybernetic, is a constructed genetic clone of the Arik Soong template.

Non-seriously, though, we've seen Eugenics War-era cloning before, in "The Infinite Vulcan". So Noonien Soong 2/Arik Soong 5 should be about 60 feet tall.

Anyone know any Scots? Trying to decipher what Ian said in that scene with all 5 EHs. According to thw captions he said, "And he's sae fou as a piper an' awfu aff the fang."

The question is why doesn't Oh mind meld everyone into becoming a Zhat Vash? All of Starfleet Command for instance? (Hey a bunch of scorpions did it in "Conspiracy")

She could have mind melded Clancy and Picard into being Zhat Vash fanatics.

I suspect Oh has no interest in risking a loss of control. I would think that if everyone at Starfleet Command decided at the same time to embark on a murderous campaign against synthetic life, someone would notice. Working with single people like Jurati, individuals who might do things which would seem to be their own will, would be less risky.

Last edited:
Another great episode...however as I'm in Scotland , Rios Scottish accent was absolutely awful, more of a mockery. I know he's pulling off different characters but I think that one really didn't work lol

What gets me is the Zhat Vash didn't take a hit on data when he was alive .. Like.. Program Geordi to kill data instead of that other shrub.. Eh owell..

Seems to me tgeres a Big bad out there.. Waiting for a threshold to be crossed.. Then they show up and knock everything down..

That episode was fantastic.

First, Seven having to wire herself into the collective was awesome and the moment where she was worried she'd want to stay in the safety and emotionlessness of the collective again was perfect for her character. (Even if it didn't make sense that they threw a sound grenade instead of one that would actually disable him).

Seeing Rafi and Rios start to pull it together and get their confidence and conviction back was a great progression and how they laid it all out and pieced the history together was something great for the narrative.

What gets me is the Zhat Vash didn't take a hit on data when he was alive .. Like.. Program Geordi to kill data instead of that other shrub.. Eh owell..

Seems to me tgeres a Big bad out there.. Waiting for a threshold to be crossed.. Then they show up and knock everything down..
That entity from "Day of the Dove"

Data is an android. There have been plenty of androids. And aside from Lore and Rokk....probably the only truly sentient ones. Sorry if you can be tricked into turning off with a skit....you arn't sentient.

The big bad...obviously

Loved it! Great callbacks to established Trek history. The revival of the Borg ship had so much potential for drama and conflict -- too bad the drones got spaced as soon as 7 fired them up. It would have been fun to see a Borg Romulan takedown. Anyway, the Cube will return in the finale, I'm sure.

So, they've arrived at Caprica -- er... Capalius -- the home of the synths. A big mystery is: who has the power to move eight stars and place them exactly in a gravitational equilibrium? As a signal... that Picard is following. To learn a lesson about saving humanity...

Q?

that would be interesting though eye-rolling....though fun!

Final scene of ep 10....everyone is doomed, everyone has died except Picard, the scene freezes and Q turns around. "The test never stops Picard....and humanity has failed!!

Fun, but a tired expression of ideas that have been pretty much explored with TNG.

You're the one who was going on the nonsensical assumption that the few good Romulans we've met in the story would be the only ones in existence, and all of the others would be bad. And you were counting the Qowat Milat as one individual. And now the entire village is responsible for something that a handful of people at the bar witnessed? And they represent all of Romulan society?
You don’t seem to know what a theme is. We started with a problem, that Romulans are refugees that shouldn’t have been saved. People like Riker say things like “I told you so” about trying to save them. Billions of people. And we haven’t seen anything to prove otherwise. We’ve only seen more and more romulans doing evil, nefarious things. They are the enemy of this show. To say otherwise is not arguing in good faith.

I'm starting to get the impression that you're not arguing in good faith.
Believe I am. What’s also not in good faith is creating excuse after excuse as to why something wouldn’t function in an obvious way, including using 400 year older Present computers as an example that still doesn’t work, or that the system was only half set up. And if that’s really the explanation, it’s a very hand wavey one to keep Agnes from being caught too soon.

I’m not a never-nu Trek hater. I just want to be entertained. This show is a mess, Trek or otherwise.

We started with a problem, that Romulans are refugees that shouldn’t have been saved. People like Riker say things like “I told you so” about trying to save them. Billions of people. And we haven’t seen anything to prove otherwise. We’ve only seen more and more romulans doing evil, nefarious things. They are the enemy of this show.
So you'd apparently favor a very simplistic narrative that involved all Romulans being depicted as good guys to hammer a point home.

Back