Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x05 - "Stardust City Rag"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by NCC-73515, Feb 14, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Seven? I give this a TEN!

20.9%
  2. 9

29.4%
  3. 8

22.2%
  4. 7

12.2%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

2.8%
  7. 4

3.8%
  8. 3

0.9%
  9. 2

0.3%
  10. 1 - (out) of 10.

2.5%
  1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

The alternate future Icheb was on the command track too and he had an admiration of Kirk. Him going down command path makes sense. Janeway could have also been something of an inspiration too given their similarities and her connection to Seven who was his surrogate mother and she was shown to have some connection with the borg kids.

Gonzo and Danja like this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll do my best to respect a different point of view but "bait and switch " is very odd terminology that I can't agree with. The rating is the rating. Some may allow youngers to watch it. I preview everything first. My kids wouldn't like TNG and I certainly don't treat it as a family show.

Mileage will vary.

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

All in all, a good episode, not my favorite, but definitely good and consistently entertaining. This episode gets a solid 7 from me.

Gonzo and Danja like this.
  4. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't that basically what this "relationship" with Bjayzl was? Out of nowhere? She doesn't even remotely seem like the type of person Seven would get close to.

5. Cpt. Kyle Amasov

Cpt. Kyle Amasov Commodore Commodore

They expand this love story in the novel. These are the moments when I think 10 episodes is not enough to flesh out the characters and world. What modern shows need are some old-fashioned character-centric episodes. One for each main cast member.

6. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Funny how people who are working and socializing day-to-day over very long periods of time, can often become romantically involved with each other no matter what their ages are.

Humans are certainly weird that way.

7. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

Who was that, was that Echeb

8. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

Yes.

9. Yistaan

Maybe it's Seven of Nine and Bjayzl that needs a novel...

10. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I wouldn't ordinarily cheer when a Star Trek character is recast, gruesomely tortured, and murdered before the opening credits... but at least we don't have to worry about that creep showing up on Trek again.

11. Cake

Cake Captain Captain

I really wonder why some part of the Federation hates androids so much that they seemingly took part in the Mars attack and also why they didn't try to prevent their build though political means before. We have seen so many evil adroids and AI and computers and cyborgs and so on in past Star Trek series that it should be possible to argue against their build though political means. I mean hard physical work could also be done by non intelligent not humanoid machines. There is no need to have human like androids walking around. They could have tried to sway the public to their opinion and might have succeeded with it. But it seems there was no open anti android movement before the Mars attack, so they didn't even try.

cgervasi likes this.
  12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kind of a shame they couldn't manage to have Brian Brophy reprise Maddox. All in all, I'm still having a hard time warming up to the show, but despite having been a bit critical so far, I'll admit this one wasn't so bad.

It was actually good to have Jeri Ryan around. I hope we get much more of her. She gave it a bit more to dig your teeth into, & the plot moved along a bit more, so that we can feel like we're actually getting somewhere finally. BTW, it's almost unbelievable how good Jeri Ryan still looks.

I was relieved to have no Romulan guy & his sister in this episode. It helped the pacing a lot imho. They've been dragging the show down. I do wish we could veer away from how soap opera-ish it feels sometimes, that Raffi son stuff especially.

hayesc0 likes this.
  13. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not happy that Icheb or Maddock got recasted.

I wanted all the original actors to reprise their roles.

NCC-73515 and hayesc0 like this.
  14. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

This is going to be the `ship that launches a thousand fanfics. :rolleyes:

Greg Cox and SolarisOne like this.
  15. Yistaan

Ok, I'll start, Bjayzl sabotaged Chakotay's transporter beam and when he beamed over a misshapen mess, she was the first to "comfort" Seven as a concerned friend.

SolarisOne and Danja like this.
  16. Brad

Brad Cadet Newbie

OMG Young Marina Sirtis looked so much like the actress playing the mob boss woman (Necar Zadegan)!! I thought they were going to reveal that she was Diana's daughter! She's called Bjayzl, Jay for short, but didn't catch her last name (but come on its gotta be Bjayzl Troy. The actress (played by actress Necar Zadegan) -- I was totally thinking this could actually be Marina Sirtis' daughter in real life, if not playing that in the show. Look at really young photos of Marina Sirtis like in her mid 20's, more current ones look way different, she's aged gracefully, but looks way different now ... Unlike Jeri Ryan who apparently doesn't age at all.

17. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant

SolarisOne likes this.
  18. AlanC9

AlanC9 Commodore Commodore

IMDB confirms Jeri Ryan as being in six episodes this season; the two we've seen, and the last four. It's not likely that these are credits-only appearances since she is not defined as a series regualr, IIRC.

SJGardner likes this.
  19. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don’t care at all that Icheb got recast because the guy that played him is a total creep.

Maddox is a bit of a head-scratcher but there must be some reason for it.

20. Yistaan

And we haven't even gotten to the part where Bjayzl ingratiates herself with Seven's friends by giving Janeway coffee and playing kadis kot with Naomi! :lol:

Danja likes this.