Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x05 - "Stardust City Rag"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
I'm not sure. Ever since Pureflix started to make movies for Amish, I have the distinct feeling they might be on the internet more than we think

Anecdotal, but I used to have family members that lived down the road from an Amish family. Said Amish family would often show up to watch TV.

I suppose they are not allowed to have elecricity in their houses. I know of Amish who build sheds - that are not their houses - where it's seemingly totally fine to have huge TVs

I suppose they are not allowed to have elecricity in their houses. I know of Amish who build sheds - that are not their houses - where it's seemingly totally fine to have huge TVs
I have read about (and take this with a side of salt) that it depends on if it benefits the community.

Too bad they can't make TVs as easily as they make phones (by linking two cans with a string :D).

I absolutely do not understand why people are up in arms about Maddox's recasting. It's happened dozens of times in Trek alone. Why is this any different?
People are not 'up in arms about it.' Some people have just said that they would have preferred the original actor like they did with Hugh. And even though the role was small (much smaller than I hoped and expected) I think it would have worked better with Brophy. There really was no time at all to establish this new Maddox, the audience had zero connection to him, so using the familiar actor would have at least been able to leverage that for those of us who count 'the Measure of a Man' among their favourite episodes. I understand that for the people who do not even remember the original Maddox it doesn't matter one bit. Overall, I was bit disappointed with whole Maddox thing, I somehow assumed that there would have been something more substantial given the buildup. And like some other posters have pointed out, even though the characters learned something, the audience didn't; we have known where Soji is for a while. So overall tad underwhelming.

Back