Star Trek Phoenix Rises From the Ashes

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Captain Randy Hall, Apr 29, 2010.

1. crohnie

crohnie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just found this today and watched it. Really loved it. I was a little confused because I couldn't identify characters very well in the beginning, but it wasn't a distraction to enjoying the film. As the story progresses, I know I'll be able to sort out who's who.

Can't wait for more!

2. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

if you look through the website a little you can find the names of the characters and their backgrounds

3. jojolimited

jojolimited Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just found out about this. Has the core things to make great entertainment. Good to great writing and acting, all else is gravy.

4. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

when's the next episode coming? i've watched cloak and dagger like ten times already.

5. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

You might want to watch some of the vignettes also available at the Phoenix website because it's going to be a good while, maybe a year, before the hour-long conclusion is produced and released. :vulcan:

That's what they told me.... :cardie:

6. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So now they apparently aren't doing Part 2. They're doing a completely new story. Don't know how I feel about that.

7. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

As much as I like this as a fan film, I actually wish it was set in a separate, original universe. Does this need to be a Star Trek fan film, not necessarily. I think it has everything to stand on its own. Just need to design their own, original ships. If they changed their uniforms slightly, removed the colors and just used black. Changed the familiar aliens to be like their original aliens, I think this could work better as a stand alone work.