Star Trek Online Discussion Thread - Delta Rising

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It did say Friday when they first posted it. They've fixed it and it now says Thursday.

B23-24 colours seem to be a close match for the blue of the uniform.

Decked my away team out in them

https://imgur.com/a/g6vRl

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Markonian likes this.
  2. ElimParra

ElimParra Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I grabbed one of the uniforms and put it on my main. I saw some of the responses on the FB page, just rolled my eyes at them.

Markonian likes this.
  3. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been playing this for a while and am at level 53 right now. WeyounNumber6 on Xbox Live. Add me if you like I'd love to play with other Trekbbs members. :)

4. Markonian

Markonian Commodore Commodore

When the licencees for DSC were listed, Cryptic/PWE were not among them. We got the new uniform, however. What does that mean?

(ST: Timelines was among the listed licencees).

5. jaime

jaime Commodore Commodore

The list did say ‘new’ and that more were to come.
    I remember chatter over a year ago in the STO fandoms, and I think STO already had a license that covered DSC.

Markonian likes this.
  6. Markonian

Markonian Commodore Commodore

Sigh of relief!

7. ElimParra

Season 14 is now live. After I get up and have a shower and something to eat, shall see what this new season is like.

8. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Just picked up the game for the first time in over a year today.

I did my first ever Phoenix pack. I got a green. :(

9. 14thDoctor

14thDoctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Those Phoenix tech upgrades you can get for green are pretty great, though. I stocked up.

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How often do they add canon actors? Annually, and are they usually announced at STLV?

I know that the Voyager lot was announced together for Delta Rising, and a few were together for Agents of Yesterday. Given the 25th Anniversary and the teaser I guess we can expect Niners next year?

11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So I wonder how long until we get the ships.
    And will they be lockbox or C-Store?

They are technically "Old ships", so if they put them in the C-Store they will be Tier 1 or 2.

T6 versions would be Lockbox/Lobi based on the previous pattern.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Does anyone have any advice for leveling KDF? I haven't played over there in years. I'm not really interested in playing the episodes after the initial arc - at least not until 50 and the Iconian/Delta stuff starts - but that only got me to 17ish.

So far there seems to only be one FA available. I sat in the queue last night for almost an hour and gave up.

And KDF doesn't seem to even have patrol missions. And it seems like whats-her-face in the arena area only has one mission available and it's a daily. (I could swear she used to have a bunch of them and they were repeatable.)

So it seems like my only real option besides DOFFing is just grinding DSEs and hope i can get some FAs to pop, or am I missing something?

13. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Premium Member

The DSC uniforms are finally available on consoles, for free until November 9. The Galaxy class bridge is on sale too.

Link.

14thDoctor likes this.
  14. ElimParra

As someone who brought the Galaxy Bridge. Looks beautiful ... need to put it on all my fed ships.

LeadHead likes this.
  15. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just finished "All That Glitters" and have to say I have a number of thoughts with my start of Delta Rising.

* "Mindscape" was easily a Star Trek episode worth being on one of the shows and probably the best mission so far in the entire game.
    * "Revelations" would have made a better Voyager season than most Voyager.
    * The Vaadwaur are Space Nazi Cobra people which is both a cool concept as well as extremely silly.
    * The Iconians are going to be behind everything, aren't they?
    * There's not much actual Iconian War in the Iconian War is there? I've fought Undine, a bunch of Nak'ul (and got a planet destroyed--shouldn't that be a bigger deal, Daniels?), and now I'm fighting the Vaadwaur. I feel like we're skipping over something.
    * I like making peace with the Undine except the ending seemed like I didn't convince them of peace but that it was better to murder other people than us.
    * Their performances make me think Russ, Jeri Ryan, and Picardo probably would have made a better show on their own.
    * I actually sorta like Neelix in this "season." It's like liking Jar Jar.
    * As a Klingon, I wanted to nicely tell the Vaadwaur "Big man, murdering a bunch of cooks and tinkers." Then my Intelligence Officer said the same thing!
    * Man, F*** that Voth Battle Cruiser in "Revelations." It took like sixty tries and Re-spawn scumming to kill it.

16. ElimParra

^ The Iconian War is season 10 - and there are 8 episodes in that season. Been a while since I've done it. You will battle some Iconians. It was quite epic. Midnight is probably my favourite episode in so ever.

14thDoctor likes this.
  17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Of course it also feels a little railroady in places.

18. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eh, it just listed the Delta Quadrant and Time War "seasons" underneath "The Iconian War" in my xbox one mission journal.

19. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Premium Member

I broke down and bought the Tier 6 Andromeda Class and the Galaxy Class bridge. Ready for a Galaxy Class with TNG unis setup.

20. ElimParra

^ I got the Galaxy Bridge a few months ago, haven't looked at in a while. But still better than the other bridges.

Balok's Decoy likes this.