Star Trek Online Discussion Thread - Delta Rising

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Just curious, is anyone still playing regularly?

2. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

STO in general? I definitely am. I play on Xbox though, and it doesn't seem like too many people on this board play it on console. Even on days when I don't play missions, I generally update my duty officer missions every day.

3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Not as much as a half year ago.

4. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    I upgraded a ton of gear on my pc characters recently, but am not really playing it much there. Weak laptop.

I did just hit level 60 on my Xbox One character, and am really enjoying the game on console, just using a standard assault cruiser and upgrading mission reward gear. Found a pretty chill fleet, too.

5. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I returned briefly a few days ago, after a few months break from the game. Haven't played in a few days. Might look at it sometime before the weekend.

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    LeadHead likes this.
  7. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

I just got an AoY toon to the end content, and replaying the Echoes of Light mission I noticed a few things I missed on my Rommie toon playthrough. Is anyone a bit suspicious of the Lukari? Kumaarke quickly utters something about how to stabilise protomatter, knowledge even the Feds don't have, and then we discover evidence of a protomatter bomb that she identifies as Tzenkethi based on advanced technobabble about the weapon signature (remember, these folk have had very brief contacts with Tzenkethi traders). She also seems quite familiar with advanced tech considering their species struggled to hit warp 4 and were only at the level of probes prior to encountering our heroes in Sunrise... ok basic scans of asteroids I can buy, but she suddenly suggests a holographic forensic reconstruction based on minimal scans and it damn well works...

8. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Different technologies advance at different speeds on different worlds, I guess, but yeah, this is pushing it... maybe someone's interfering with them?

9. Tuskin38

Don't they mention in one episode that Lukari isn't their original home world?

10. intrinsical

Looks like Cryptic is working on fleshing out the upper half of the Beta Quadrant.

11. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but given they mentioned the exodus to their new world was traumatic I picture it as a sublight colony ship. Otherwise I'd have expected them to have retained more than warp 2 unmanned probes.

12. Tuskin38

They're still basing it on Star Charts I recognize a lot of the planet positions, they even replaced The Patriarchy with the Ferasans lol.

The Ferasans are STO's version of the Kzinti.

13. McDuckDuck

McDuckDuck Ensign Newbie

I've just started ST online, still trying to get my head around it never played much with mmo's, though i did get the NX class ship already from AMD evolved and a ginger cat (dont ask why) :P

14. intrinsical

Welcome! Are you playing on the PC, Xbone or PS4?

15. McDuckDuck

McDuckDuck Ensign Newbie

Sorry forgot to include that, i'm on PC i don't do the console stuff :P

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry to say I don't seem to play anymore.
    I burned out on it last year and figured I would to feel the urge to play at some point again.
    So far that hadn't happened.
    I am starting to think that STO might never catch my interest again like before.
    So it's probably best if I abdicate from any administrative position in the fleets permanently.

17. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

But dude, you are the boss. Fair enough I spose (I used to run a guild and alliance over in GW...retirement happened a few times before I was Jim kirked.)

I have been mostly away myself recently, real world stuffs and studies. We could do with being more active and chatty in the fleet anyway. It's shame to let all the work go to waste, so hopefully a restructure will sort that all out.

Hopefully you will return some day.

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I had been playing since open beta.
    I figured I had a pretty good run, longer than most actually.
    But even with new content coming there was never anything really new anymore.
    Just more variations of what we had before.
    I might take a peek ecery now and then but even the TOS expansion didn't draw me back in.
    I am confident that the fleet won't die anytime soon though.
    It's practically fully developed and as such will always be there as long as some players remain on the roster.
    You don't need me anymore for that. ;)
    Others have contributed way more than me anyway.
    Oddly these days my interest lie more in the real world with board games. :D

19. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, Godspeed Admiral. Remember to never let a betazoid drive.

20. intrinsical

The fleet won't die. Like Timelord said, our fleet holdings are almost fully developed and those won't go away. I have been doing basic admin to keep the fleet running, stuff like putting up and upgrading fleet projects and promoting players. However being from Singapore, my play time is very different from everyone else. So there's very little chance for me to chat with you guys in-game and do stuff together.

It would be nice to have a few more America or European Adjuncts who can cover things when I'm not around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.