Star Trek Novels for a new reader

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Timelordsboots, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Timelordsboots

Timelordsboots Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thanks Titan has just turned up today so I finish Destiny today and then start it. Currently watching Wrath of Khan Directors Cut so it’s definitely a Star Wars day! :)

trampledamage likes this.
  2. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Star Wars?!:eek:

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Someone's been influencing @Timelordsboots 's autocorrect! :lol:

Timelordsboots likes this.
  4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Oh no! We have to save him/her

5. Timelordsboots

Lol not sure what happened. Please feel free to make a little doll of me and stick pins in it! Auto correct! Grrr :)

6. Timelordsboots

You have already saved me lol :)

USS Firefly and trampledamage like this.
  7. Timelordsboots

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the reading recommendations a few weeks ago.

I have read the first Titan book and I am currently reading “The Red King” and I am really enjoying them. I have also read Star Trek Voyager “Homecoming” which I really enjoyed.

Another question for you. When ordering Novels are you able to tell what size the books are? I have ordered three Titan books from Amazon and two are the larger size and one is the smaller size. I prefer the larger size but Amazon does not describe which version it is. Many Thanks Jon

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are two ways to tell, the price or the dimensions, both of which are listed on the Amazon pages. Typically a smaller book, which are called mass market paperbacks, are going to be between $6 or $10 dollars for a new copy direct from Amazon, while the bigger books, which are called trade paper backs, are usually around $15 or $20 dollars for a new copy direct from Amazon.
    If you scroll down to the product details Amazon lists the dimensions, so if you're looking for the MMPB you'll want to go for the smaller version.
    The dimensions are probably the better way to figure out which version you're looking at since most Star Trek MMPBs that were published more than a few years ago are sold by third party sellers, and their prices for the same book can literally range from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars.

9. Timelordsboots

Thanks JD that is a great help. :)

10. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Will Riker is the glue that holds the entire Star Trek Universe together. I half-think CBS should digitally insert him into TOS and DIS.

trampledamage and Timelordsboots like this.