Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 2x10 - "First First Contact"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by Commander Richard, Oct 13, 2021.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excelsior!

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1 - Terrible.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it the end of the Season already? Sad.

I think Season 2 overall has been a really strong one for Lower Decks. In becoming less frenetic, I think it has become less funny, but it's a more solid show now than in Season 1.

Also, the clone Boimler thing and Boimler not being recognised by the ship really did go nowhere? Shame.

Great episode though. Removing the hull plating was VERY cool.

2. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

No she is nothing like Kirk as was pointed out see just sees herself that way.
    Also she is in Starfleet because her mother pulls strings. The episode literally points it out

3. Orphalesion

Orphalesion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This show is really getting into the metaphysics of the Star Trek universe... The smiling, cosmic Koala, the Black Mountain...

4. TimeIsAPredator

"Jadzia Dax who the f*@K is that" Dr. T is definitely the best think about this show

5. Andyliini

Andyliini Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This episode gets 9/10 from me. This really was an all out episode, where no expenses were spared. The animation was the best I've seen on this series yet, and they even threw some curveballs at the viewer with that ending.

This season has been great, I ranked two episodes 7, the rest were higher. Even one 10 fit in, and that does not come lightly from me. It's a bit sad that the season is over, but at least third season has been confirmed, and we know it's coming, probably in a year or so. If they can keep this ball rolling, I'm sure there will be even more seasons in the future.

6. starri

starri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't know when the show became something I loved instead of just something that I found really amusing, but here we are. I hate having to wait to find out what happens.

Cerritos Strong!

7. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It was nice to see Dr. T'Ana not know who Jadzia Dax was. I get this is a shared universe where characters like Tendi fangirl over certain officers of notoriety but it makes more sense that some know only the most legendary names. The Kirks, Picards and Spocks.

8. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Indeed: Jadzia was a notable officer on an important station for six years (and presumably elsewhere before then) but there is no reason for her to be famous.

9. TimeIsAPredator

It was a really good comedy twist to have someone say "what the FK you talking about" to all the sorta 4th wall breaking.

All fantastic gag about "Warping around the debris" and getting aggressively shut down.

Really hope we see more of those kinky dolphins in the future too

10. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    OK all you Punny Phish Pholk...,

... You Cetacean Cretins ...
    ... you asked for this ....

:nyah:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  11. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

One missed opportunity imo: Would have been great if one of the belugas would have been called Gene... :whistle:;)

Commander Troi likes this.
  12. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

13. Cyfa

Cyfa Commodore Commodore

As we didn't get to see it on the show due to the whole "saving the Archimedes" thing (maybe next season?), I had to come up with it myself:
    [​IMG]
    Rutherford (:adore:), Kimolu and Matt.
    Lower Decks has now surpassed DS9 as my favourite Star Trek - We've finally got Cetacean Ops!!! :D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    KimMH, JoeZhang, Starkers and 13 others like this.
  14. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess Rutherford's implant is waterproof?

Commander Troi, Cyfa and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  15. Brobdingnag

Brobdingnag Captain Red Shirt

Unlike Quark's eavesdropping devices...

16. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

So, could it be ay more obvious the Pak'led somehow blew up their own planet?

Good finale.

Commander Troi and jackoverfull like this.
  17. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

By that same standard is there really any in-universe reason for anyone from TOS to be any more famous than anyone from DS9? Personally I don’t think so.

18. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, potentially. Kirk was in command of a unique type of ship, only 12 like it in the fleet. Merrick notes that such a command was special. The books fill that out further with Kirk's mission being the only successful 5 year mission.

19. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course, there is a perfectly simple explanation. The effects of the field prevent warp, and it would take them longer to travel out of it's influence at impulse than the time they have.

The events of TMP, TVH, and TUC would make them the most famous crew in the Federation.

Sisko would be widely known in Starfleet, but not widely in civilian circles.

20. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    "Those men have literally saved this planet." - Starfleet Admiral, TUC

Kirk did so on multiple occasions, and very publicly. That sort of thing doesn't just go away after a few generations.