Star Trek Guard (Story + Art)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by STRenegade, Feb 25, 2017.

1. STRenegade

STRenegade Commander Red Shirt

New party ship concept. Been struggling with creativity lately. I hate the heat.
    https://skfb.ly/6ByVy
    The spines on the bottom would go all the way to the back but didn't feel like modeling them.

2. Rekkert

Rekkert Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Quite an interesting shape, I like it very much!

Keep up the good work! :)

STRenegade likes this.
  3. STRenegade

4. Cyfa

Cyfa Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Your party ship is really cool! I like the idea of the ring-drives being used for civilian vessels, with the more manoeuvrable (if you agree with the Litverse take) nacelles used for Starfleet and/or military ships.

Atolm likes this.
  5. Atolm

Atolm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great work!

6. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice designs. :mallory:

7. STRenegade

Back at it again. Tried an idea I just got : moving the nacelles up a bit some they are not completely behind the saucer. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it yet, and I will have to rework the saucer connections if I do. Also merged some bits in the saucer and recessed the bridge dome a bit, since there is a lot of ceiling height in the bridge. Also removed the blip that housed the deflector (which I think I'm gonna put back on the saucer rim, but I haven't decided yet) and lower sensor dome (which is now recentered on the saucer). Still messing with the impulse unit as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. STRenegade

Hadn't made any progress because I was too annoyed with how things were shaping up. Then I looked at this picture of my Warden Class concept and realized it was similar in style to the Toch. So I decided to borrow some ideas from it. So scrapped the old nacelles for new ones, moved the bussards to a little structural piece underneath the forward section of the nacelles (the shape and size will be adjusted later; it is attached to the section of nacelle that stays with the ship when the nacelles are ejected), adjusted the position of the AWAC module (which now has a connection that I like), and re positioned the impulse engines (to be altered later.) Also came up with an idea for the Type B (Guard starship classes come in Type Alpha and Type Bravo variants), which loses the AWAC module but gains a secondary module (which will be intelligence related).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. STRenegade