Star Trek Excalibur

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by zach21uk, May 30, 2009.

1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Re: Introducing Star Trek Excalibur

As I've said before and will say again: Excalibur does great work.

2. zach21uk

zach21uk Ensign Newbie

Thanks for the great compliment. We will be doing a full update with our Galaxy Class in a couple of weeks so be sure to look out for it!

3. msbae

msbae Commodore

Oh, I will... :evil:

4. zach21uk

zach21uk Ensign Newbie

5. msbae

msbae Commodore

The only difference between that and a regular Vor'Cha that I see is that tailfin in the back. Why is that there? Improving aerodynamic efficiency hardly matters when flying through a vacuum.

6. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's supposed to represent the Gorkon from the Pocket Book novels.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The website also says it has enhanced weapons.

8. Deks

Deks Vice Admiral Admiral

You know ... as much as the graphics are good ... I think they can stand to be even better.
    Will try to get in touch with them and inquire just how much can the engine be modified to portray slightly higher intensity of specular areas while retaining the contrast and perhaps adding some faint glows ... without taxing the system too much.

9. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Commander Red Shirt

I love the idea of a complete overhaul of the Bridge Commander engine...

but I just can't stand their Excalibur class... I mean, those nacelles, seriously?

When it's done, I'll give the ship a once-over, but probably just replace it with the new Enterprise.

10. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is a request from a ship lover. Please get the ships name and registries right. I know its a little thing, but if you are showcasing vessels, do the research and proofing.

Like with Legacy, Apollo class vessels with Ambassador era registries that are just Constitution Refit saucers and nacelles, come on. Or having the various specific era of ships with registries too low for being brand new or registries being too high such as the Akula class from Legacy. NCC-xxxxx, come on. This is annoying as well like putting destroyed ships from on-screen as background ships with still readable registries and names. Apparently the Miranda class Reliant NCC-1864 fought in the Dominion War according to various DS9 episodes. At least give the Reliant another registry or add one more number to it.

11. Retrograde Orbit

Retrograde Orbit Lieutenant Red Shirt

Watching this with much interest. Good luck guys and keep up the good work.

Would be great to have this available before the next Star Trek movie comes out so that at least we can get to see "real" Star Trek ships flying about... ;)

12. Kadratis

Kadratis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My fingers are crossed and I wish you guys the best. I've been watching the progress of this project for awhile now. It would be amazing to finally see a fan project that actually finishes rather than one that continually scales back to the point where the project is cancelled.

Again, best of luck to you guys! :bolian:

13. Commodore_Rook

Commodore_Rook Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

This sounds like an awesome game!!! May even give STO a run for it's money!!! :)

Will this game have any TOS style ships in it from the Franz Joseph Tech Manual such as the Destroyer/Scout , Tug or Dreadnought??