News Star Trek Discovery: Drastic Measures Book Review

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by AutoAdmin, Feb 6, 2018.

1. AutoAdmin

AutoAdmin Machine of Death Administrator

A new news article has been published at TrekToday:

Star Trek Discovery: Drastic Measures By Dayton Ward The Story: “It is 2246, ten years prior to the Battle of the Binary...

Continue reading...

2. WebLurker

WebLurker Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

@Dayton Ward,

Had a chance to read your DSC book. With all due respect to David Mack, I think I liked your's better. Since I was never a huge fan of "The Conscience of the King," I was a little surprised that I liked it more than I was expecting. The cameos from the original show were appreciated (although I was a little surprised that you never addressed whether Hoshi Sato was there or not) and I liked how the sketchy details of the case from TOS were fleshed out in a way that made sense while still holding true to the original episode (the forensic science implied in the show always seemed extremely primitive even by '60s standards and I found it very hard to follow why so few people could ID Kodos with all the records they had and all that).

I was very confused about the very very end of the book (after the about the author and stuff). Is that a preview for an upcoming book or something?

3. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Question: should I read the Mack book first, or do these stand independently from each other?

4. WebLurker

WebLurker Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They're not connected. In fact, Ward's book is set years before Mack's is.

5. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

This being a Conscious of the King tie-in, so we learn what food cubes taste like?