STAR TREK 100 YEARS LATER

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by somebuddyX, Jan 26, 2022.

1. somebuddyX

somebuddyX Commodore Commodore

Hi, I'm creating a thread if anyone would like to see art from my Star Trek 100 Years Later project.

I started this back in 2013 as some concept art for characters, settings and ideas for what it could have looked like a hundred years into the future of the original Star Trek series. Sometime in 2018 I realised that a way to use these to tell a story was as in the form of a fake fanzine and screenshots of a feature length episode from a fictional Fifth season, titled "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED."
    And so last year and this year I really went to work to try and complete everything.
    There are at least 35 parts to this project that I am slowly releasing over time.
    I have taken some liberties with what the original Star Trek and it's fans at the time were able to afford and produce or even what technology was available. Take these ideas with a grain of salt.
    In case you are wondering, I include credits for my assets and homages used on the pages at Deviantart but I decided not to here.

PART 1
    COVER AND PAGE 1 OF FANZINE
    [​IMG]
    PART 2
    PAGE 2 OF FANZINE
    [​IMG]
    PART 3
    SCREENSHOT OF THE ENTERPRISE-5 OVER DENEB IV
    [​IMG]
    PART 4
    PAGE 3 OF THE FANZINE
    [​IMG]
    PART 5
    SCREENSHOT OF THE STARBASE LOCATION SURVEY TEAM ON DENEB IV
    [​IMG]
    PART 6
    PAGE 4 OF THE FANZINE
    [​IMG]

Atolm, IMC Headquarters, Orac and 3 others like this.
  2. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Rice Admiral Premium Member

WHOA! Bookmarked and looking forward to the next 29 (!) installments!
    :beer:

scifieric and somebuddyX like this.
  3. somebuddyX

Thanks! Hopefully it turns out okay.

4. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Manual worthy

somebuddyX likes this.
  5. somebuddyX

PART 7
    SCREENSHOT OF FIRST OFFICER ISIAH ON THE SURFACE OF DENEB IV, CONTACTING THE ENTERPRISE-5.
    [​IMG]
    PART 8
    PAGE 5 OF THE FANZINE
    [​IMG]
    PART 9
    A PUBLICITY PHOTO OF DYLAN HUNT AND DR SENGH ACTORS ELIOT MANN AND RAJEEV CHAUDHRI.
    [​IMG]
    PART 10
    SCREENSHOT OF FLEET ADMIRAL SPOCK CONTACTING THE ENTERPRISE-5 TO GIVE THEM NEW ORDERS.
    [​IMG]
    PART 11
    PAGE 6 OF THE FANZINE
    [​IMG]
    PART 12
    SCREENSHOT OF THE ENTERPRISE-5 PROCEEDING AT MAXIMUM WARP SPEED TO QUADRANT 11007, THE LOCATION OF THE COORDINATES GIVEN BY FLEET ADMIRAL SPOCK.
    [​IMG]

So in the first post I said this would be at least 35 parts but it's going to be more because I realised there were certain scenes I should do to make the story flow a bit better and if I didn't do them now then I would probably never do them.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Atolm, scifieric, Orac and 2 others like this.
  6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Love the ship. Very positive feel here.

somebuddyX likes this.
  7. somebuddyX

PART 13
    FANZINE ARTICLE ON SCIENCE OFFICER QUESTOR AND HELMSMAN ANITRA CYON.
    [​IMG]
    PART 14

SCREENSHOT OF ENTERPRISE-5 BEING PULLED INTO A TIME RIP IN QUADRANT 11007
    [​IMG]
    PART 15

A PUBLICITY PHOTO OF ISIAH, QUESTOR AND ANITRA CYON ACTORS DANIEL HOLTZ, SCOT GRUNBERG AND MAEVE DAVIN.
    [​IMG]
    PART 16

SCREENSHOT OF ENTEPRISE-5 CREW BEING BOMBARDED WITH TIME DISTORTIONS AND ONLY SCIENCE OFFICER QUESTOR IS UNAFFECTED.
    [​IMG]
    PART 17

SCREENSHOT OF ENTERPRISE-5 TRAVELLING THROUGH THE TIME RIP
    [​IMG]
    PART 18

SCREENSHOT OF THE ENTERPRISE-5 CREW RECOVERING FROM THEIR ORDEAL AND REALISING WHERE IN TIME THEY HAVE TRAVELLED TOO.
    [​IMG]

Just FYI, I have been posting these daily at Deviantart.

Orac and publiusr like this.
  8. somebuddyX

PART 19 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of the Enterprise and Enterprise-5 together.
    [​IMG]
    PART 20 is a screenshot of the title screen from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of the Enterprise and Enterprise-5 together.
    [​IMG]
    PART 21 is a blueprint of the Colony-class starship U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-5 by Lincoln Enterprises.
    [​IMG]
    PART 22 is the eighth page of Trekspert Fanzine's 100 Years Later Special edition of it's fan magazine, with biographies by Marika McLean on Ship's Chief Physician Doctor Sengh and Navigator Harper-Smythe.
    [​IMG]
    PART 23 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of Captain James T. Kirk of the original starship Enterprise contacting it's distant successor, the starship Enterprise-5, to offer any assistance to the seemingly time displaced vessel. Captain Dylan Hunt, realising the danger his starship poses in being stranded in this time period, accepts Kirk's offer and agrees to meet with Kirk aboard his starship with two of his senior officers so that they can make sense of what has happened
    [​IMG]
    PART 24 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of Captain Dylan Hunt, First Officer Isiah, Dr. Sengh and Mister Questor making their way to the Enterprise-5's transporter room, where Hunt, Sengh and Questor will beam aboard the newly encountered original starship Enterprise. Isiah makes it clear to his commanding officer that he is suspicious of the circumstances that have led them to their current predicament, which all began with a communique and orders given by Fleet Admiral Spock. It seems clear that they have been manipulated into arriving in this time period by the elderly Vulcan, but to what end? Isiah also reminds Hunt that in this time period there were still tensions between the Federation and Klingon Empire and wonders how the people of this era will react to people like him
    [​IMG]

Atolm and Orac like this.
  9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

LOVE that blueprint!

somebuddyX likes this.
  10. somebuddyX

Thanks! In the description at Deviantart I give credit to the image I was homaging but the info was something I wanted to do to give background to the universe, that didn't really have a place in the story.

publiusr likes this.
  11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Colony class? What a great name. Even makes that ship shape very appealing.

somebuddyX likes this.
  12. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very interesting.
    Have you ever given any thought to going the visual novel route?:
    https://www.renpy.org/

somebuddyX likes this.
  13. somebuddyX

Not exactly but that does look like an interesting way to go and something I would definitely try in the future. I would need to look more into it but there are a couple of projects of stories that I wanted to make like a cross between a manhwa comic and a youtube animation so maybe this could work well for them. Cheers!

BK613 likes this.
  14. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I hope it works for you; the format is quite capable of telling compelling stories,

somebuddyX likes this.
  15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Very creative idea, thought the reliance on TNG for the ship and interiors spoils the illusion a bit for me.

Need to do an Enterprise-5 AMT model box. ;)

publiusr and somebuddyX like this.
  16. somebuddyX

I know what you mean. The TNG stuff was kind of a necessary evil because I haven't really designed anything myself in 3D, I just kinda manipulate or retexture. I only learnt late last year how to change the decals on a Defiant model, so that I could make the Sao Paulo. I have to have this hoverchair for a character in another story so I'm thinking I might finally try and have a go at it. :D

BillJ likes this.
  17. somebuddyX

NOTE: I've been reusing the descriptions on the different parts from Deviantart, where I post these once a day. I tried to give as much information each time so if someone was coming in fresh to that part they wouldn't be totally lost.

PART 25
    is a publicity photo of Chief Engineer Isaac Kimbridge, Navigator Harper-Smythe and Communications Officer Lu-Chan, as played by actors Collyn Keller and William Honeysett and actress Bo Sung. English actor Collyn Keller had gained recognition as one half of a comedy act with fellow comedian Archie May, noted for their science-fiction comedy routines of "Veterans In The Centre Of The Earth" and "The Robotic Police", and had caught the eye of Star Trek casting director Joseph D'Agosta whilst on vacation in London. Texan born William Honeysett was the youngest of the new crew at twenty-seven and had several small parts in "Bonanza" and "Gunsmoke". Bo Sung had appeared in films such as "The World of Suzie Wong" and "The Girl Who Knew Too Much", and was thrilled to be taking a role on Star Trek because her daughter was a fan.
    [​IMG]
    PART 26 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of Captain Dylan Hunt, Dr. Sengh and Mister Questor of the starship Enterprise-5 meeting with Captain James T. Kirk, Dr. McCoy and Mister Spock aboard the original starship Enterprise. While it begins amicably, tensions soon run high between the two medical officers when Dr. Sengh thoughtlessly calls the current time period primitive compared to his own, which Dr. McCoy takes exception to. Not long after Dr. Sengh finds himself defending the presence of children aboard the Enterprise-5, explaining to Dr. McCoy that with the Enterprise-5's twenty year mission to Andromeda it's not realistic to ask families to separate for that long, and even if they could, it's more likely children would be born aboard the ship during the duration of the voyage, so why not create a comfortable environment?
    Captain Kirk offers any aid he can.
    [​IMG]
    PART 27 is the eighth page of Trekspert Fanzine's 100 Years Later Special edition of it's fan magazine, with biographies by Steve Moores on Chief Engineer Isaac Kimbridge and Communications Officer Lu-Chan
    [​IMG]
    PART 28 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of the starships Enterprise and Enterprise-5 orbiting Pi Aquarii B III. Captain Kirk and Captain Hunt ordered their starships to rendezvous there, whilst their crews continue to try to make sense of the current situation involving the time displaced Enterprise-5.
    [​IMG]
    PART 29 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" of Mister Spock and Mister Questor, science officers of the original starship Enterprise and starship Enterprise-5, studying the sensor readings that were made by the Enterprise before the Enterprise-5 emerged into the current time period. They have been tasked by their respective captains with unlocking the secrets of the time rip and finding a way to send the time travellers home. Questor indicates to the Vulcan that his counterpart in the future, Starfleet commander Fleet Admiral Spock, instigated the unfolding events by sending the Enterprise-5 on it's current mission. If he did indeed have all the knowledge of the current and future events, and was heavily involved with the Colony-class starship program and construction of the Enterprise-5, then it stands to reason he may have included a way for them to return to their own time. Spock reminds Questor that he himself is already familiar with methods of time travel and could theoretically get them home on his own volition. There is something about the time rip that doesn't add up. Questor is also curious as to the current events not appearing as historical records in his time period. Were events classified? Could something like this realistically be covered up?
    [​IMG]
    PART 30 is a screenshot from "FUTURE HATH COME AND I AM UNPREPARED" where Captain Kirk, Communications Officer Uhura and Chief Engineer Scott have boarded the Enterprise-5. Mister Spock and Mister Questor believe the secret to how the Enterprise-5 became stranded in this time period lies inside the advanced starship's computer, due to the foreknowledge Spock's future counterpart Fleet Admiral Spock seems to have had in orchestrating events. Chief Engineer Kimbridge discovers that to be true. When combining the sensor scans taken by the Enterprise and the Enterprise-5 of the time rip they realise it not to be a strictly linear phenomena, between two points in time. The causative event seems to be originating from a point in time ahead of the current time period, and after unlocking the M-11 computer system's emergency protocols they realise that the Enterprise-5 itself was designed with the ability to generate time rips. Captain Hunt realises that in attempting to get home the Enterprise-5 may have caused themselves to be sent back in time in the first place.
    Mister Scott find an additional curiosity to the Enterprise-5's construction, in it's large cluster of telepathic circuits. What are their function?
    Uhura and Lu-Chan inform Captain Kirk that although it has attempted to approach quietly, they have detected signals from an approaching object.
    A vessel is approaching and it does not appear to be friendly.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    Atolm and Orac like this.
  18. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love the design of the Ent-5. Almost looks like a "first draft" of the "D".

somebuddyX likes this.
  19. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool alternative version of the Enterprise D you've got there. :mallory::techman:

somebuddyX likes this.
  20. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

A better Ambassador class certainly

fireproof78 likes this.