Star Freighter: "Dangerous Cargo"

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Shatna, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Really good stuff ya'll. Not my favorite medium but you made it work a lot better than most.

If you need someone for a spot in the next episode, I'd be happy to contribute my good vibrations. .

2. Shatna

Shatna Grand Lord Admiral Admiral

Hey, I remember you. Thanks for watching, and I'm sure we can find a part for you for the next one.

3. Angry Angel

Angry Angel Vice Admiral Admiral

:censored: figures!!!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

Next time we need to do the lines before the animation though.

5. Shatna

Nowhere near being intentional, especially seeing as you volunteered for the part after it was created. But truly awesome all the same. :D

True, and we will.

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

*wonders what 'Dreos' means...*

7. Worf412

Worf412 Angry Pirate Rear Admiral

It means "the Oreos" in the ghetto.

(in the ghettooooooo!)

8. johnhazard

johnhazard Commander Red Shirt

Finally got a chance to watch these. Very well made for Machinima, most of which is unwatchable. I don't know why you didn't just make it Trek, so much of the visual bits and phrases were borrowed from Trek, but of course that's your choice. Most of the voices were really well done (with a few blaring exceptions). The titular freighter is UGLY. But overall very nicely done, I hope you continue.

9. Shatna

Hey john, thanks for watching the videos and for taking the time to comment. I checked out your site and you do some marvelous work. (My own background is in cartooning and comics.)

I didn't do Trek because I wanted to do something wholly original, at least in character and setting, although I left the door open purposely for the inclusion of Trek at some point, depending on my future whims. Some talented souls made some great consoles and control boards for the Sims 2 game and they were all Trek-based, so that's what I went with. I think it's difficult not to use Trek terminology in non-Trek productions -- the tech is so well thought out (for the most part) that substituting something else for, say, the warp drive concept either sounds forced or incomprehensible. So I find those tidbits to be helpful when telling a story.

As to the voices, well... I was absolutely amazed at the talent of all the actors, and extremely impressed with their courage. For a short time it looked as if I was gonna have to step in and voice a minor role myself, and I hated every minute of doing it and I hated the results. So I know it wasn't easy for any of the actors, and I am pretty damn proud of every one of them.

The next time around, and there will be one, I am going with a far more advanced approach in animation and production, with the help of some guy who lives near me who once wrote a TNG episode and hangs around this board. (Can't quite remember his name, as he changes it often.) In any case, I'm looking forward to taking Star Freighter to the next level.

And yeah, the freighter is pretty ugly. It's supposed to be, but I also must admit that when I built it in the game I was pretty much just farting around and had no idea I would be using it in a "movie" later on. That guy whatisname I mentioned above will be a big help in that area as well.

Again, thanks for watching.

10. Data Holmes

Which role was that shatna? I know i had alot of fun, just wish I had timed it better with the image on screen. I hate that you had to speed up my tracks like you did to make it fit.

You talking about Denise Bailey?:confused:

11. Shatna

Actually, it was your part. Thank goodness you came along and did it instead of me, and a far better job if I may say.

Speeding up and cutting dialogue was unavoidable under the circumstances and was entirely my fault. As I've said, we'll do it differently next time.

And yeah, Denise Bailey -- the bald chick.

12. Data Holmes

Well, thank you. I don't see why you were dreading it so much though. :lol:

13. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I don't know why you didn't just make it Firefly.

14. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

I certainly hope not. One Bailey around here is enough. :p

15. Shatna

Oh, that's easy. It's 'cause I SUCKED.

You're the reason I don't post here anymore.

You can try driving them all off by making 'tranya' jokes. Works for me every time.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey, some of my best friends are Fesaurian.

17. missmanners

missmanners Captain Captain

Of course you were dear.... next time lets do a few bloopers. And dont forget the collectors edition adult version.

:devil:
    mm

18. Santaman

Santaman Vice Admiral Admiral

:D *snugle hugs Jen* long time no see mm. :)

19. Shatna

Too much love in this thread. Next time I'm posting my movie in TNZ.

20. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Please do. Then we can troll the ever loving shite out of that moron doubleohfive.