ST: Independence 08 "Way of the Gun"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dnoth, Sep 10, 2007.

1. TheLoneRedshirt

TheLoneRedshirt Commodore Commodore

Bravo! Bravo! What a wild and fun ride! This had it all - intrigue, great space battles, interesting characters, and a wonderful plot. And I know it's not over, so we have more stories to anticipate. (Hint! Hint!)

Great work! :thumbsup:

2. Dnoth

Dnoth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thank you guys.

And no, Yanas Tigan was stabbed in the back, but survived.

3. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Kudos on yet another exciting chapter, can't wait for the next installment!

(although I think there's enough material to stretch into 3 chapters, and would have paced the high points farther apart. As it is, I felt that everything was a little too rushed)

4. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A fantastic story with multiple layers of political maneuvering, Machiavellian machinations, and poor Aurelia caught in the middle, getting more and more pissed off and just trying to do her job.

I appreciated the various factions that have sprung up in opposition to Section 31, as well as the fact that for some of these people, the reality that they may have become the very enemy they’re struggling against isn’t lost on them.

That Section 31 and similar groups have flourished in the past decade of troubled Federation history isn’t terribly surprising, but the lengths that some Federation citizens and organizations are now having to go to in order to weed such cancerous people out is.

Terrific work, Dnoth. Your capacity for telling complex, tightly woven stories increases with each work you present to us. I’m just happy to be along for the ride. :bolian:

5. CeJay

CeJay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. Excellent story telling in this installment. Some parts might have felt a little bit rushed but I can hardly find any fault with that as you really kept a perfect pace, keeping the story rolling with plenty of attention grabbers.

Aurelia's stubborn insistence that all is well is hopefully about to change after the most recent events. I loved the hint towards an ambiguity of who the bad guys really are. For now of course it seems quite clear but I'm sure S-31 doesn't see it that way and there is plenty of potential to play with that idea ... if you fancy it.

What a great, tense and action-packed ride this was. Great job!