ST Discovery Alternate Uniform

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Fandango831, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Fandango831

Fandango831 Commander Red Shirt

So I felt like taking a swing at an alternate uniform for Discovery. I really enjoy the retro feel of the current uniform but I feel some components of the design at fairly campy or pushing the retro styling a bit too far. My design sticks with the uniform color but instead of blue it is grey. The Div colors are now more prominent on the uniform tunic and aim to feel like TOS in terms of brightness while not going all out with a fully colored tunic. The higher collar is meant to make that pilot era relation without becoming muted turtlenecks. I added the golden sleeve ranks and kept the Discovery badge and Div emblems minus of course the ugly micro rank pips. I added zippered pockets to the trousers as it only makes sense to have them on a duty uniform and gave the trimming on the zippers the Div colors. For Admirals the shoulder color would receive gold piping on top of the clear sleeve ranks. All in all I just wanted to do something that felt more like a duty uniform and less dressy.

[​IMG]Discovery ALT by Jason Soto, on Flickr

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the design concept, though the colors might need to be made more subdued to flow with "The Cage" uniforms. Other than that, I like the overall work style of it, and very functional and practical to me.

3. Fandango831

Thank you! Yeah I purposefully avoided the colors from the Pilots since I don't see them as all that screen appealing (especially just as plain colors), and I wanted to make a uniform that acted more as a bridge between ENT and TOS since both used the same color schemes for Divisions just in different fashions and quantities. Also if I were to include the Kelvin and Franklin uniforms in the prime canon pot they would also help to mold why this uniform is the way it is prior to the famous 2260's uniforms. Discovery's use of the Pilot division colors in metallic format is the best modern implementation of them and to be honest probably the only format that would look good on screen anymore. Hence my decision to be more TOS.

4. uniderth

uniderth Commodore Commodore

I appreciate your effort, but I'm so over the "shoulders."

5. Fandango831

Appreciated and I can get being tired of the colored shoulders after TNG onwards.