SPN 7x20"The Girl w/the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo" discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dorian Thompson, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Long ass episode name for tonight's new episode of Supernatural, "The Girl With the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo." Some woman named Felicia Day who's supposed to be a big deal on this web series called "The Guild" is the title guest star character. It's getting positive advance notice. Looks good. :techman:

I'll be late to the party as usual. I'm home from work for a change, but my CW reception is just shit anymore. It's easier to watch it online later in the night and no, I don't have to wait on the CW's crap website.

Enjoy. :)

2. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode. Wonder what the clay stuff was.

Sucks there is only like 2 more episodes left. Do we get another season or what?

3. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Did a little more research on Leviathans after the episode. According to some sites and Hebrew legend, God killed the female Leviathan, froze and salted the meat and "spayed" the male. Perhaps this "reddish clay" is the female?...
    Otherwise good episode...
    Peace out Bitches ....:guffaw:

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's been officially renewed yet, but I think it's definitely going to happen. SPN gets better ratings than almost every other show on the CW.

Pretty good episode tonight. I usually like Felicia Day, and she was amusing here. I'm really curious to see what that tablet or whatever is.

5. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not yet officially renewed but will absolutely be getting an 8th season.

If ti wasn't for new shows always doing significantly better in the fall, Supernatural would be the CW 2nd highest rated show. In both viewers and in adults 18-49.

Considering shows always do worse on Friday, its doing fine number wise.

In fact on the numbers game, people talk about how much the show has lost in viewers, but doing the math with DVR included (which didn't occur when the show started, and also now with the sizable percentage of the CW audience that checks their shows through official (Sorry Dorian), while our live broadcast numbers are down over 50% from this same period first season, when you count the various new way of watching we actually show to have lost about 20% of the first season audience.

As for this episode. Me liked. Not a huge focus on the guys, but the guys really stayed focused and in character. Bobby's scenes were strong, and continue the question of can Bobby be a ghost and stay Bobby. How far can he go before he starts losing who he is.

They really need to bring up Sam's on bought with vast power when they talk to Bobby and try to let him see reason.

The guest star was fine. And Dick is always a dick. Nice for Kevin to get a full credit for apparently just his voice.

And of course the Leviathans as expected are just pulling a V, from the 80's (have no idea if they did in the remake after only watching one episode).

6. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I loved, Loved that for all of Dean's teasing Sam about being a women, its Dean he gets to "come on" to the security guard.

Also nice to see them show a "lesbian" and yet not have her be either Butch or a lip stick lesbian. Nor any smart ass comments about two women and if Dean can join in, or anything.

Of course, in fairness. When Pamela offered to hook up with Dean and then invited Sam in, I thought that was all kinds of awesome.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Adorkable overload, personally I think they counted on Felicia Day's charm a little too much and didn't really craft much of a tale to go with it.

8. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I stopped watching the show earlier this season but I figured with tv being as sorry as it currently is I'd tune back in to see how the final stretch of the show was and I have to say I'm seriously underwhelmed. What was once a serious drama has turned into a campy shell of its former self--the show is just a farce.

The Leviathans are as lame as I first thought--oooh the big secret building is going to be a slaughter house for humanity because they want to eat us--serious D-movie level stuff there. Dick Roman is such a stereotypical moustache twirling villain--if he is suppose to be terrifying he isn't and to think he of all the threats the characters have encountered is the one to have killed off Bobby--what an insult by such a joke one-note character.

All week long in the trailers I kept seeing a big deal to hype Felicia Day--I don't even know who she is and could care less especially when her character is so tired--I've seen just about all the cool geek lesbian computer whiz chicks I can handle over the last few years on tv. And clearly this hour was short so they needed to pad it out with the worn out "2 hours earlier" schtick--Yawn.

Very weak episode and for me just further confirmation that Supernatural should have ended way back at the end of Season 5--granted it was an uneven year but it certainly felt like SN for the most part instead of "Generic CW Teen LowBrow Camp TV Show".

Not to single out SN but overall this has to be the single worst season of broadcast television ever with absolutely nothing I find entertaining this season with the exception of Ringer which far from perfect at least was entertaining most of the time--and to be honest if it gets cancelled by CW I won't be too upset.

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

So Leviathan's are basically the Visitors from V but instead of being lizards from space they're just supernatural creatures. Highly unoriginal. Yawn The guy playing Dick is good at playing a dick so he sort of saves the lameness of these latest Supernatural baddies. Hard to believe he was that dorky little kid, doctor Zee from Galactica 1980. He kind of looks like David Tennant.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'd almost given up on this show, but the last few episodes have been very enjoyable. Too bad Felicia Day couldn't join the cast or something!

11. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

She was a huge slice of awesome. I'd never heard of her, but I definitely get the appeal having seen her. Charlie rocked. :bolian:

I rather enjoyed the tale myself. Soylent Green. Ewwwwww...... :wtf: The Tim Tebow/Joe Biden line was priceless. :guffaw: Ohhhhh, Bobby. TPTB do know how to rip out your heart. :( Castiel has to take him away. No choice. Then they say goodbye again.....for good. :wah: I don't want Bobby to go away for good.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Me, too. I reaaaaaaaally don't want Bobby to go. :weep:

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Hopefully they bring Felicia Day back next season.

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I was kind of hoping she was would eventually become the new "Frank."

16. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

It's always nice to see Felicia Day. :bolian:

I'm really interested in what's going to happen to Bobby. Is he going to lose it and become a menace? Or is he special, as the Reaper implied, and will become the first ghost to stay sane? Or will Cass find a way to save him? Or will God save him, like he keeps saving Cass? I hope he gets to stick around-- he's always been one of my favorite characters on the show.

17. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

I am flabbergasted that so many posters here don't know who Felicia Day is. I mean seriously Felicia Day! The Queen of the Nerds herself.

I would have thought every even vaguely nerdy person would have seen Dr Horrible and The Guild. Plus she shows up as a side character in so many beloved geek shows.

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

About as astonishing she hasn't been in Big Bang Theory yet despite several actor and possibly some behind the scenes connections with The Guild.