Space Battleship Yamato 2202

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Lynn Minmay, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Ithekro

Ithekro Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They made the third bridge important to the ship in Yamato 2199, the loss of it would be a permanent cripple unless they can get back to Earth for repairs. Not only is it part of the ship's keel, its the gravity control generator and their shield generator. That's a serious loss this time around if they ever lose it.

2. Ithekro

Chapter 6 of Yamato 2202 will come out in theaters later today in Japan ( like eight hours from now or so).

Chapter 7 of Yamato 2202, the "New Star Chapter" (ending of this season) comes to Japanese theaters on March 1, 2019.

3. Ithekro

Early reviews I'm hearing speak good of Chapter Six. In the "Awesome" range of things, with the large question being "how will they top that for Chapter Seven?"

Blamo likes this.
  4. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Yeah.

I don't watch anime, but I've been following this particular release quite closely.

From what I can gather it's done pretty well in the cinema. Atleast one person has mentioned the story, art and animation has jumped in quality. Reactions to the new captain have been generally positive, with her being referred to as cool (one or two have commented on how all the captains in Yamato are cool).

137th Gebirg likes this.
  5. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commander Red Shirt

Several clips have been posted online in other forums.
    I don't know how long they'll last before being taken down, but all I'll say is 'Holy Sh*t', the animators really outdid themselves.
    If this is where the money went, it was worth it.
    Also, R.I.P. Andromeda, at least she went down guns blazing.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  6. Ithekro

So much better end for that ship than in the previous versions of this story.

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And my 2199 part 2 blu-ray has finally arrived.