Sony Spider-Verse discussion thread

I'm surprised they'd even want to admit they made Morbius. The first Venom at least has it's fans, including me, so I can see mention it, but I didn't think anybody like Morbius. I haven't seen it yet, so I have no opinion, other than that the trailers were made it look like it could be OK.
I like Morbius okay. Will probably revisit it around Halloween. Good enough Halloween movie.

Damn, I'm really, really bummed out about Beyond's release date being pushed back. Across is easily one of my favorite films of the year thus far and I cannot wait for the sequel.

But I'm not surprised. Just very disappointed.

Of course, even without the strikes Spider-Verse wasn't meeting it's date. They hadn't even done any voice recording with the cast before the strikes started and that usually comes before the finished animation is created.

I'm really disappointed to hear about Beyond the Spider-Verse being pulled off the schedule, after the way Across ended, I was really hoping to get it as soon as possible. I'm a little surprised everything else got a new date but it didn't. Is the lack of a specific date just because animation is more complicated, so they're not as sure about how long it will take once they can get back to work?

Venom 3 out in a year? They hadn't even started filming that right? Sounds awfully optimistic.

I'm really disappointed to hear about Beyond the Spider-Verse being pulled off the schedule, after the way Across ended, I was really hoping to get it as soon as possible. I'm a little surprised everything else got a new date but it didn't. Is the lack of a specific date just because animation is more complicated, so they're not as sure about how long it will take once they can get back to work?

They need to sort some things out because apparently it was a horrifically punishing hell for animators due to constant redoing of scenes.

Everyone is on strike and voice work didn't begin yet. They go over it in the article.

I've nothing against Aaron Taylor-Johnson, but "actor says movie he's in is going to be good" is hardly newsworthy. That's on the entertainment journos though, not him or the production . . . but yeah, previous track records suggest the chances of this movie not sucking are decidedly slim.

Last edited:
'El Muerto' officially dead.

"...after languishing in production limbo, the studio pulled the project from its release calendar, crushing Martínez’s dream role. When I ask him what happened, he hesitates. An awkward silence ripples across the table. “Next question,” asserts Solá, who’s seated at an adjacent booth. “I don’t know what to say,” Martínez replies, calling the issue “delicate.” Solá sharpens the point. “Obviously, it’s out,” she says of the film."

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2023/09/bad-bunny-on-sex-social-media-and-kendall-jenner

Back