Some news on the new Titan novel, spoilery ofcourse.....

Say, is there any plan to address what happened to the transporter clones from Fallen Gods?
It's not something that comes up in Sight Unseen.

Thank heavens for that. I know a lot of people would love a conclussion on that, bit it was a horrible idea, and since none of our main characters know anything about it, I hope it'll be forgotten and never returned to, ever. Again. Never.

James, apropos of just seeing your name right there: Love your work! And I don't just mean your Star Trek work (although I did enjoy 'Synthesis' very much!), I am also a fan of your 40k fiction, 'Nemesis' and 'Fear to Tread' were both great!

Also: 'One' (the Voyager episode) is one of my faves! Thanks for all your excellent fiction!

Glad you liked the books, that's always nice to hear. And thank you also for the kind words about "One" - Jeri Taylor deserves most of the credit for her work on that. I'm just pleased to have been a part of it.

I LOVED "One" !!!!!!!

Say, is there any plan to address what happened to the transporter clones from Fallen Gods?
It's not something that comes up in Sight Unseen.

Thank heavens for that. I know a lot of people would love a conclussion on that, bit it was a horrible idea, and since none of our main characters know anything about it, I hope it'll be forgotten and never returned to, ever. Again. Never.

Agreed that it was terrible..... but it's out there, and I kinda want closure. ;) (Hopefully by someone other than Martin, but maybe none of the other authors are actually interested in picking up that thread?)

^I know it's next year...I was just wondering about exactly WHEN next year. I heard the fall, but i've not seen it posted about which month it will drop..

^I know it's next year...I was just wondering about exactly WHEN next year. I heard the fall, but i've not seen it posted about which month it will drop..

Interesting. Amazon doesn't even have it listed anywhere.

EDIT: Just checked: This isn't yet scheduled.

Unless James knows something we don't.

Well... I guess I'll be that guy. :(

Considering Swallow's Synthesis is one of my favorite Trek novels, I'm happy to see him continuing the series.

But the entire Strange New Worlds format was the draw for me, personally. I'm not terribly interested in seeing Titan become like TNG, running diplomatic missions and the like. Not that it may even turn out like that, but that's just the impression I get. We'll see.

Now, the new novel isn't out yet so I can't pass judgment on it (and I'll pick it up for sure), but this news has really dampened my enthusiasm for the series.

Just my $0.02, I'm probably in the minority, and certainly no disrespect to Swallow.

Well... I guess I'll be that guy. :( Considering Swallow's Synthesis is one of my favorite Trek novels, I'm happy to see him continuing the series.

Hey, thanks. That's always nice to hear.

But the entire Strange New Worlds format was the draw for me, personally. I'm not terribly interested in seeing Titan become like TNG, running diplomatic missions and the like. Not that it may even turn out like that, but that's just the impression I get. We'll see.
Yeah, you will. Star Trek: Titan isn't going to stop being about exploration, and while there will be diplomatic missions (John Jackson Miller's Absent Enemies is just that, for example), Riker and company will still be boldly going. Sight Unseen features a fair abount of new life and new civilizations in it. What's going to change is focus, location and some character relationships - but it's still going to be "TOS for the TNG era", which is exactly how Marco Palmieri described the series in the launch document back in '05.

^ Interesting to hear. I thought that maybe now that the TNG novels are supposed to focus more on exploration, that maybe Titan would take over TNG's previous niche... they would essentially swap formats.

Thanks for the info! :techman:

Yeah, you will. Star Trek: Titan isn't going to stop being about exploration, and while there will be diplomatic missions (John Jackson Miller's Absent Enemies is just that, for example), Riker and company will still be boldly going. Sight Unseen features a fair amount of new life and new civilizations in it. What's going to change is focus, location and some character relationships - but it's still going to be "TOS for the TNG era", which is exactly how Marco Palmieri described the series in the launch document back in '05.

Thank you very much for the clarification. Again, no offense was meant, and you've alleviated some of my concerns.

wait .... someone dies on Titan??? I hope not Chris , Aili or Vig !!! My hope to see dead .. a poor red shirt lol. i really love all the characters .

Looking forward to Sight Unseen. I wouldn't mind if Takedown ends with Riker demoted like Kirk after IV and sent on a long term deep exploration mission to get away from it all.

Back