Some more Star Trek Rendered Art.

gmd3d

Lieutenant
Red Shirt
Here is a selection of Star Trek art I have made over the last few years.
I use other peoples images as the background setting the scene credits included

They will mostly feature my reimagined designs but plenty of the classic Enterprise too
reef_nebula_mapping_by_gmd3d_dey1e71-fullview.jpg

shuttle_11_by_gmd3d_devluwu-fullview.jpg

vulcan_shuttle_run_by_gmd3d_dej85kh-fullview.jpg

dedcurx-4a8294a6-0e12-49ba-9b74-2581e10d965d.jpg

ddy11p7-8c79ead0-4a11-4b17-91e4-068d51d10fed.jpg

de9g66o-38d7a982-03a1-45a2-92dc-d3f66da56c6a.jpg

drydock_redo_by_gmd3d_de3x5hn-fullview.jpg

medical_supply_run_2_by_gmd3d_ddt1hit-fullview.jpg

probe_and_the_saratoga_by_gmd3d_ddvq71r-fullview.jpg

vulcan.jpg

immunity.jpg

khan-close-1.jpg

khan-close.jpg

khan-explain-it.jpg

khan-hunt.jpg

khan-sneaky-peter.jpg

Classic Enterprise

ddfv78f-4300dbf9-42b2-48af-9712-9e50451ac268.jpg

star_trek_inspired_by_gmd3d_dec4qqa-fullview.jpg

dcwggr7-7c545d79-7789-45cb-a011-0fb10f6d3840.jpg

dcsd2ml-2d0fa7c9-1f3b-4b3f-bd47-5b71736c7342.jpg

One of the hardest thing for an artist to replicate is the look of the propulsion units (nacelles) dome. There's like a fan type motion and then there's sparkly stars within it. I wonder if rendering those little detail are more complex to reproduce?

One of the hardest thing for an artist to replicate is the look of the propulsion units (nacelles) dome. There's like a fan type motion and then there's sparkly stars within it. I wonder if rendering those little detail are more complex to reproduce?

I’ve wondered if you rendered the individual elements that were really in there -

the interior and exterior domes “sandblasted, giving them a rough texture to the touch. The inside & outside of each dome was lightly sprayed with a transparent coating of orange Pelikan-brand ink, resulting in a frosted orange appearance”

“way more than 10” incandescent Christmas lights,

broken mirror pieces,

fan blades rotating

- would that simulate the effect?

I’m not sure however, whether mirrors can be rendered realistically.

(Quotes from Gary Kerr)

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ky7TuVDZjHbNvuJb6

Last edited:
I’ve wondered if you rendered the individual elements that were really in there -

the interior and exterior domes “sandblasted, giving them a rough texture to the touch. The inside & outside of each dome was lightly sprayed with a transparent coating of orange Pelikan-brand ink, resulting in a frosted orange appearance”

“way more than 10” incandescent Christmas lights,

broken mirror pieces,

fan blades rotating

- would that simulate the effect?

I’m not even sure however, whether those things can really be rendered realistically.

(Quotes from Gary Kerr)

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ky7TuVDZjHbNvuJb6
That's actually more or less what @Donny did a couple of years back with his recreation of the classic NCC-1701, and in a game engine no less. Here's the post where he talks about it and here's the – pretty stunning – result as a video:

Here is a selection of Star Trek art I have made over the last few years.
I use other peoples images as the background setting the scene credits included

They will mostly feature my reimagined designs but plenty of the classic Enterprise too
Absolutely stunning!

I'll try this again.
Thank you :)
gmd3d, one of the hardest thing for an artist, like yourself, to replicate is the look of the propulsion units (nacelles) dome. There's like a fan type motion and then there's sparkly stars within it. I wonder if rendering those little detail are more complex to reproduce? Could you produce this or its a creative choice to create the nacelles as is?

I found the Bussard effects the most difficult to get right, still, I try to tweak them for rendering from time to time, animation is a different challenge beyond me. scifieric has done some great work for his renderings in Blender3d.

I have never seen Donny's work before, amazing work beyond my skills I feel.

I found the Bussard effects the most difficult to get right, still, I try to tweak them for rendering from time to time, animation is a different challenge beyond me. scifieric has done some great work for his renderings in Blender3d.

I have never seen Donny's work before, amazing work beyond my skills I feel.
You, Sir, are spectacular! Thank you!

I'll try this again.

gmd3d, one of the hardest thing for an artist, like yourself, to replicate is the look of the propulsion units (nacelles) dome. There's like a fan type motion and then there's sparkly stars within it. I wonder if rendering those little detail are more complex to reproduce? Could you produce this or its a creative choice to create the nacelles as is?
Please give people enough time to respond in their own threads. I believe @gmd3d hadn‘t even logged on to the board since you made your first post. Plus, they are under no obligation to reply to every post in the thread. I don‘t want to see you doing this again around here or I will have to consider handing out a warning for spamming. Thank you.

Please give people enough time to respond in their own threads. I believe @gmd3d hadn‘t even logged on to the board since you made your first post. Plus, they are under no obligation to reply to every post in the thread. I don‘t want to see you doing this again around here or I will have to consider handing out a warning for spamming. Thank you.
It was my bad to begin with because I originally made the question appear general when I should've written it directly the first time. My bad.

Back