• Michael

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • (No vote — just show me the results)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael

Sex Candle Ghost
At long last, welcome to the voting thread for May’s 226th TrekBBS Fan Art Contest! The theme — called “Signs and Symbols” — tasked artists to create a logo, a banner, an insignia, a flag, a symbol, or an emblem that hasn’t yet been seen in the Trek universe. Three posters step into the ring to win the brand spanking new Fan Art Contest Winner Badge, freshly polished to a golden sheen, just waiting to adorn the winner’s user profile …

lZ3XFH0.png

@B.J. created this absolutely brilliant mission patch for McKinley station, interpreting its array of service arms as the legs of a busy arachnoid …

2DXUI7X.png

If there’s anyone who knows how to make starships sexier, it’s @Cyfa: Here’s his nose art (or pennant) for the Excelsior-class USS Atlantis:

gK9FeE3.jpeg

Yours truly always wanted to design a classic Star Trek mission patch and used this opportunity to illustrate one for Captain Janeways’s Voyager. Vote for Michael if this entry is your cup of tea … er, coffee.

ehG4lS4.png

Thanks for voting!

Ooh, I like the new winner's badge! Shiny!

As for the contest - this is another difficult decision. I'm going to have to give it some thought and come back later.

Aaaaand we have a winner: Congratulations to @B.J., whose McKinley Station mission patch received the majority of votes. He is thus our very first winner to be awarded the brand new golden Fan Art Contest Badge!

Thanks to everyone for playing and voting! And if you’re so inclined, please check out the June contest “World Buildings” here.

Well done, @B.J.! Now, that's what I call a triumphant return to the Fan Art Challenge. June's main thread is up and running but you have the privilege of hosting the voting thread, if you wish.

Hey, @Michael. I think I've been fraudulently sporting the old style winning banner for a little too long now. :alienblush: ;)

Hey, @Michael. I think I've been fraudulently sporting the old style winning banner for a little too long now. :alienblush: ;)
Ah, good that you’re pointing that out, because I think I might have forgot otherwise. I reached out to @EricF to return you to your regular rank and banner. :)

I don't need to do anything with this until the end of the month, right?
Exactly. @Starscape set the submission period to end on the 1st of July. So if you could post the voting thread then that would be perfect. :)

Back