so what holosuites were used in Deep Space Nine anyway?

urrutiap

Captain
Captain
Since Next Generation had various simple stuff like Picard's private eye holodeck stuff, Barclay's weird stuff while Voyager, Janeway had her earl grey romance novel holodeck stuff and Harry Kim and Paris had those Beowulf type stuff and Paris and his Flash Gordon homage holodeck stories

what did Deep Space Nine have besides Vic Fontaine and random people using odd sex holosuite stuff that Quark would make

Compiled from this list on Memory Alpha:

Erotic simulations
Lauriento massage holoprogram 101A (DS9: "A Man Alone")
A Picnic with the Pleasure Goddess of Rixx/"Scenario 14C" (DS9: "The Homecoming", "Meridian")
Pleasure mazes (DS9: "Rapture")
A Visit with the Pleasure Goddess of Rixx (DS9: "Little Green Men")
Vulcan Love Slave (DS9: "The Ascent")
Vulcan Love Slave, Part II: The Revenge (DS9: "Doctor Bashir, I Presume")
Vulcan Love Slave, Volume III (DS9: "The Emperor's New Cloak")
Quark once suggested a holoprogram to Odo involving three Orion slave girls. (DS9: "The Begotten")

Holonovels
Julian Bashir, Secret Agent (DS9: "Our Man Bashir", et al.)
Kahless and Lukara (DS9: "Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places")
Queen's Gambit (DS9: "A Simple Investigation")

Interactive character simulations
Vikings (DS9: "It's Only a Paper Moon")

Recreational simulations
Kal'Hyah ritual (DS9: "You Are Cordially Invited")
Lauriento massage holoprogram 101A (DS9: "A Man Alone")
Ocean view (DS9: "Afterimage")
Program "Bashir 62", Vic's Las Vegas Lounge featuring Vic Fontaine (DS9: "It's Only a Paper Moon", et al.)

Environmental simulations
Andevian II's moon at dawn (DS9: "The Forsaken")
Cardassian sauna (DS9: "For the Cause")
Hoobishan Baths (DS9: "The Way of the Warrior")
King Arthur's Court (DS9: "The Way of the Warrior", "The Muse")
Paris in 1928 (DS9: "The Sound of Her Voice")

Sport simulations
Baseball field simulation, 20th century, various (DS9: "Emissary", "Take Me Out to the Holosuite")
Baseball greats (DS9: "If Wishes Were Horses")
Bat'leth combat workout (VOY: "Displaced"; DS9: "Image in the Sand")
Ion surfing (DS9: "The Visitor")
Kayaking program (DS9: "Heart of Stone", et al.)
World Series (DS9: "If Wishes Were Horses")
'61 Yankees versus '78 Red Sox (DS9: "For the Cause")

Training simulations
"Delta-5-9", a Starfleet preparatory exam (DS9: "Facets")
Odo 1 (DS9: "The Abandoned")
Secret 31 test (DS9: "Inquisition")

War simulations
Battle of the Alamo simulation (DS9: "Afterimage")
Battle of Klach D'kel Brakt simulation (DS9: "Blood Oath")
Battle of Britain simulation (DS9: "Homefront")
Battle of Clontarf simulation (DS9: "Bar Association")
Battle of Thermopylae simulation (DS9: "What You Leave Behind")
Battle of Tong Vey simulation (DS9: "Rules of Engagement")
Massacre of Ferris VI simulation (DS9: "Life Support")

Last edited:
It's not particularly relevant, but I take every opportunity to point out that Quark's holosuites were shown to be far, far safer and more reliable than the holodecks on board the Federation flagship. :)
I agree but bonus points to the holosuite for actually putting Sisko right on Death's door in "Rapture," something I don't think the holodeck got as far as with the Enterprise crew. They talk a big game but mostly tried to kill randos like in "The Big Goodbye."

I agree but bonus points to the holosuite for actually putting Sisko right on Death's door in "Rapture," something I don't think the holodeck got as far as with the Enterprise crew. They talk a big game but mostly tried to kill randos like in "The Big Goodbye."
But even then, it was the console that put him on his ass as opposed to the program. Not that that discounts it of course. :)

Two notes.

First, Our Man Bashir had one of the best unconventional uses of the holosuite, storing and reintegrating the patters of the crew

Second, Vic's program had both sandbox and narrative modes ( Badda Bing Badda Bang).

It all just gets cycled back into the system. Except on Cali-class starships for comedic reasons. ;)

It's not particularly relevant, but I take every opportunity to point out that Quark's holosuites were shown to be far, far safer and more reliable than the holodecks on board the Federation flagship. :)
It's possible that the holosuites on DS9 predated the holodecks on the Enterprise-D by a good number of years. Perhaps the former had more bugs worked out of its system than the latter.

It's possible that the holosuites on DS9 predated the holodecks on the Enterprise-D by a good number of years. Perhaps the former had more bugs worked out of its system than the latter.

Conversely one might think newer models would inherently fix problems that older models might have had, but we're also talking about systems made by different civilizations.

It's pretty sad that the holodecks on the Enterprise are flakier than the holosuite in Quark's that's held together with a spatula and twist ties.

It's pretty sad that the holodecks on the Enterprise are flakier than the holosuite in Quark's that's held together with a spatula and twist ties.

Maybe the E-D subsequently added spatulas and twist ties to their holodecks. :p

Reactions: kkt
Conversely one might think newer models would inherently fix problems that older models might have had, but we're also talking about systems made by different civilizations.
It's easy to think that the Federation has the most cutting edge technology in everything, but even Data once remarked that other civilizations--like the Ferengi--are more advanced in some areas. Ultra-realistic hologram technology has been around for a long time, but the Galaxy-class may have been the Federation's first attempt to incorporate it aboard Starfleet vessels. The Cardassians may have had it on their ships and space stations much earlier.

Btw I hope some day holosuites will work in real life, I think it's not so unrealistic since we already have things like VR. Sorry for getting a bit off topic.

Back