So, now what do we do?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Mitty, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

In "The Stolen Earth" and "Journeys End", we discover Davros and the Daleks heinous plan, not just to destroy a planet, solar system, or galaxy, but to to destroy all of creation... the entire Universe, and every single alternative universe as well, so that, in the end, there would just be Davros and the Daleks left. It wasn't clear but possibly also Earth and those other planets would still have survived as well.

What happens next? Davros and the Daleks destroy all of Creation. Then what do they do? There's nothing left to conquer, nothing left to destroy. It's just them.

Does Davros take up poetry and painting? Does he line up his Daleks in different patterns and take pictures?

Does Dalek Caan write a novel detailing his time in New York for other Daleks to read?

Assuming the planets were still around, maybe Daleks would have fun chasing and shooting humans on Earth, but in the end there would probably be none left.

I guess you can ask the same question of lots of this type of story: Evil dictator threatens to take over or destroy your way of life. EG, The Borg, if they assimilated Earth and the Federation, then what do they do? With TSE/JE it's simply taking it to the nth degree.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

By then, I think the Daleks would have completed their mission to destroy everything and either:

*"Turn off" as there's nothing to do.
    *Get picky and kill Davros, then kill any dalek who had a slight pimple even that no other dalek had.
    *They would be at peace and build a society?
    *Find new ways to evolve, experiment a bit.

3. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

I was thinking about this the other day. I imagine the Daleks would split into factions, Red Daleks fighting Green Daleks, old Daleks versus new Daleks, killing and killing each other, until there was one single solitary Dalek left, and with only one thing left to kill...

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I've often had this problem with these villain bent on destroying everything stories. Once everything is destroyed, what's left for them to do?

Although, the case of the Daleks, they'd likely turn on each other until eventuality none were left.

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, this has been brought up in several of the Audioplays, most especially in Jubilee

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, although that already sort of happened in the 1980s in the Dalek Civil War (Imperial Daleks against Renegade Daleks). I like to think that'd happen again.

7. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Villains like Davros and others who have these types of plans are insane. They don't have any rational idea of what they'd actually do if they reach their goal, they're just obsessed with achieving their goal.

But I agree with the people above who say they'd eventually turn on each other. If Hitler had actually wiped out all other races to create his "master race" at some point he'd start seeing "flaws" in certain Aryans and start trying to wipe them out too.

There's no rational endgame for crazy people.

8. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

What do humans do now? We don't have any "enemies" except ourselves.

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Yeah! We don't attack each other! Oh, wait...

10. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

What would be really interesting is an alternate universe story, where the Daleks do manage to wipe everything else out. They do begin to self-exterminate down to a point, kill Davros (for good). But get bored.

They then bring back all the species they had killed (to subjugate) needing an audience--and then startback on the warpath all over again.

The sad thing was, the new Earth they created to take over was actually nicer and more decent that ours.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Same type of situation with blowing up the Universe in the 'Big Bang' , who benefits from that? I'm guessing we will never find out.

12. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I still say it was Omega. He has a documented grudge against the material universe. He would destroy it just for spite. Heck, he already tried to do that once in "The Three Doctors."

Alternatively, it would have to be someone else outside of the universe who wants the universe destroyed. My timey-wimey theory is that it's the original 11th Doctor. Think about it: The original 11th Doctor went through the crack to seal it up at the end of "The Big Bang." The Doctor that we've seen since then is a copy created from Amy's memories. What if the original Doctor were still out there in the space outside of the universe? Suppose he'd grown angry and bitter over the eons seeing this new "impostor" running around living his life?