Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:lol: And I'm a Sony guy! We should have interesting conversations.

2. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

:lol: Well I have a Sony Blu-ray player. Of course I buy all my Blu-Rays on Amazon. :lol:

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I use my Blu-Ray as a docking port for my MP3. It's hard to quit using the DVD player (also Sony).

Buy yeah, Amazon's great... You can get anything you need there.

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm outta here for now... I'll post again after reading the rest of my purchased issues before going on to 7 & 8.

:bolian:

5. Admiral James Kirk

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's one minor criticism I would have about this series...it's so fast paced that it feels short! I absorb every single page...this is one of the reasons why I wish this had been done as a novel series as original planned, I think that would be a better format for the story, but still...like I said a minor nitpick.

7. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

It was originally planned as a novel? I hadn't heard that.Now I'm disapointed. Not that I have anything against comics, it's just that I prefer novels.

Oh well. maybe sometime in the future.

8. Admiral_Young

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Hope everyone likes the visit by The Dark Knight.

WT

10. Admiral James Kirk

Well Batman's another two weeks away. I hope Brian Q does him justice. I'm confident he will.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

After reading what you guys have said, I'm considering breaking my only old stuff/Marvel next plan and getting the first few issues of this instead. I was a big fan of the show for the last few years, and the fact that they appear to have improved on the show has me really interested.

12. Admiral_Young

It's well worth it...especially if you've watched the show in it's latter years, it's a direct continuation from the events of the series finale. It's not so much that Miller has "improved" anything...it's more like he's not doing any of the stupid frustrating stuff that Brian and Kelly wanted to do with the show. So far, this is "Smallville" at it's very best. This is the show that fans wanted it to be but never could quite get to. If that makes sense at all.

13. Admiral James Kirk

It makes perfect sense. A show like Smallville is forced into a perpetual holding pattern. It had to set up the Superman mythos without ever quite getting to be Superman. Smallville had to set up and pay off storylines to work as a weekly series while never giving us the ultimate payoff, Superman.

Now that Smallville has concluded so has the artificially prolonged dramatic stagnation. We no longer have to suffer through the endless Clana teen angst horseplop and we're getting to the stuff we always wanted to see but were never going to get.

With Brian Q. Miller as the new showrunner I'm overjoyed to return to the Smallville universe week after week and look up in the sky... :)

14. Admiral_Young

My thing was never about the structure or premise of the show, it was always about the quality of the writing. As I've stated countless times in other related threads, Miller was one of their better writers...and it's obvious that he still has a passion for the characters since he's captured the actors voices so well in his writing.

I always felt that Brian and Kelly were pandering to certain fan groups too much and didn't concentrate enough on the actual writing of the show...which IMO hurt it. Miller seems to understand what we all want to see from these characters and this reality but also cares about the quality of writing as well. Whew. Smallville rant over :) Haven't done one of those in a while!

15. Admiral James Kirk

Haven't had anything rant about in a while. :lol:

16. Admiral_Young

That's true. As much as I criticize Brian and Kelly, I'm sure that the bulk of the ideas that Miller has been writing were taking from a possible season eleven plot list, or at least writers sessions. I could swear about reading that they had come up with something like this just in case. If not that, then some left over plot material that they could never do. I do remember they did have a check list they came up with for the final season.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  17. Admiral James Kirk

I never really had a problem with Brian and Kelly. My issues were always with Miles and Alfred. They gave us two good seasons and reruns for the next five. I always thought the show got better when Brian and Kelly took over. We're probably both being too harsh on all of them. For all we know the unforgivable crap on Smallville could have come from WB and CW execs. Brian Q doesn't have to deal with the same crap the other showrunners had to.

18. Admiral_Young

I always felt that Miles and Gough were burnt out by season seven, and didn't really want to continue but CW kind of forced them to, so they quit. I'll never forgive Brian and Kelly for coming up with the Kryptonite Woman story. I have nagged about this often, but aside from Veritas is the single most stupid story they ever came up with and ruined Lana for me LOL. I think I mentioned in the thread that I'd absolutely LOVE Miller if he brought Lana back and undid that :)

19. Admiral James Kirk

See I've always hated Lana so I've always applauded their ingenious way of exiling her. Don't get me wrong, the Kryptonite Woman episodes were crap but they got rid of Lana for me so I love them for it. :lol:

I only want Brian Q. to bring back Lana only if she comes back with terminal Kryptonite cancer and dies. :lol:

If he brings her back and undoes the Kryptonite Woman thing then I hope there's a dramatic reason for doing so. The only reason I can think of for bringing her back is to show us that Clark is really and truly choosing Lois over Lana and not just settling for her because he can't have the woman he really wants.

Basically I just want a big "Fuck You!" aimed at Miles and Alfred's version of Lana Lang. :lol:

20. Admiral_Young

Also the Lana episodes get flak because they were unnecessary (I think Brian and Kelly wanted to give Kristen a "good" send off personally) and interrupted what was a force of a first half start for that season. I still bash my head on my desk thinking of the exchange Lana has with Imra (Saturn Girl). "You've a great destiny." Geoff Johns must've been pulling his hair out after Kryptonite Woman. "That's not what I meant guys!!!" LOL