Smallville 8x15 "Infamous" - Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 12, 2009.

?

Grade "Infamous"

1. SUPERMAN

11.1%
  2. Above Average

25.0%
  3. CLARK KENT

19.4%
  4. Below Average

16.7%
  5. BIZARRO

27.8%
  1. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Actually, it was much more a PREset episode.

As for Spelling ... don't you remember what her DAD looked like? Not enough surgery in the world could help her. Genetics! The NEW super-villain ...

--Ted

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Well its not the same writers. While Geoff Johns wrote Legion he had nothing to do with this episode. I wonder how he feels about them destroying Clark's ring. He gave it to him not just setup some future episode. But as a memento of Clark's meeting the Legion.

3. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Let me start by saying how relieved I am that I wasnt the only one who noticed that Tori Spelling looked like she had some really bad plastic surgery. Poor girl. She should sue cause shes gonna look like someone spliced her dna with a horse for the rest of her life, and its only gonna get worse. Her lips and cheeks and jowls looked all stretched and horse like. Almost like she was wearing some type of bad prosthetics...
    After this episode and all the history Schlark has with saving people this episode made me realize that he only has one way to become the Superman we know. Schlark is going to have to learn how to vibrate his face while he is Superman so that he somehow looks different to different people. Thats really the only way he can be Superman without a mask. I dont care if he accidentally figures it out or someone else teaches him this trick but its gonna have to happen...
    I too am tired of the "almost happening" moments on this show. How many times and ways can they rape the Superman mythos without actually letting him become Superman...

4. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

Did he put on the goddamned cape yet, after how many seasons?

No?

Well then this show can fuck right off, once again. I can't believe anybody watches this trash.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

They can sustain this rape for years and years more, although by now shouldn't our sensitivity over this neverending assault be somewhat dulled?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually saw the episode today and start the beginning and the end of it on Thursday and wished that I didn't. It was a pathetic episode, probably the worst of the season which has been the best in a long while. There were some nice moments, but essentially I got the message that the point of this was to show us what it would be like if Clark revealed who he was without a secret identity. That is all well and good but it was like the writers of the episode (or writer) purposefully showed us everything bad that would happen if Clark out-ed himself with the Superman persona. Resetting it made it pointless and he destroys the Legion ring...sigh...I'm thinking that I'm pretty much done. I'll watch the Zatanna episode along with the finale but I'm sorry folks I'm done after this season. I've put up with too much crap and things looked like they were turning for good once early on but since Lana came back and left the way she did things seem to be crap again. It will take a lot to draw me back in...

7. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm feeling that the the Lois/Clark angst and all the years of Lana/Clark angst are forced on the writers by WB or someone. Somebody's got the idea that these stupid drawn out storylines of characters not getting together are "good".

So if you take the Clana and Clois out of the stories, what's left, the Millar/Gough stories were a fuck of a lot better than this season. I haven't actually really liked a single episode this season, from the stupid Russian smuggler guy that had no purpose at all, the stupid taking-Clark's-powers-away that had no purpose, the season this year has been an endless series of resets that didn't bring the story forward at all. Getting rid of Kara? Reset. Getting rid of the Martian Manhunter's powers? Reset. The Justice League has to go into hiding because Tess found their name, they're never seen again? Reset.

Everything that was built up in previous seasons, the stuff that was good and fit with the Superman mythology has been deleted. They even managed to delete the Fortress and Jor El.

Up to a point, it's fair. New producers, new writers, out with the old, in with the new. Except what's new? What's added that's good? Villians this season has been half as good as Lionel and Lex, and the Kryptonian backstory has disappeared.

8. Admiral_Young

Sorry I meant to say if Clark had outted himself without his Superman persona...and the Fortress and Jor-El are not deleted but I guess still corrupted by Brainiac's presence post bride and Davis's chrysalis effect. I'm surprised that when the Legion stopped by that they didn't help Clark restore it but oh well I'm sure the Fortress will be addressed and restored by the finale.

9. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cute. We can call her...Chlana. :D

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I actually liked this episode. It was nice to get a glimpse into what it would have been like if Clark revealed his identity. I'm tired and it looks like pretty much everything's been covered already so I'll leave it at that. ...except for the next few points...

- Clark didn't have to reveal to the public what his friends knew.

- I still don't get why he can't tell Lois.

- There should be two Clarks, unless it was only his consciousness that travelled back. Didn't look like it though.

- Some of the bad stuff would have blown over and settled down, but how much?

- At first, I thought that maybe the whole episode was a dream or something that wasn't really happening. It looked like there was a lot of soft lighting, the kind they use for visions and dream sequences.

- I noticed that Linda appeard to Clark in the crowd then disappeared, yet no one noticed.

11. Admiral_Young

Clark probably feels that he can't tell Lois because having the knowledge and responsibility of his secret will put her in harms way and since he has developed romantic feelings for her this is his way of protecting her. It was the same deal before Lana discovered it...the writers are just recycling the drama from Clark/Lana and inserting it into Lois and Clark which is ridiculous. These characters are adults now, young adults yes to be sure but adults and should act like they're out of high school now and don't need this unnecessary angst that seems to be bogging the progression of the characters down.

Clark did time travel back but essentially created a new time line by reserving what happened in the first time line. I don't think time travel in Smallville works the same way in Back to the Future.

I think the crowd did notice Linda appearing before Clark but were still too stunned or awed by Clark to take real serious notice. One of my problems with this episode was that there were way too many flaws in this plot. To add to my original post it is another way to tease us about Clark becoming Superman and I'm frankly becoming sick of it. It is like they're banging us over the head with it now...in a mocking way.

12. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well This episode was kinda supermanish,because he revealed his secret to Lois,and this was done in the comics,and in L&C:the new adventures of Superman prior to the wedding episode,when Clark proposed to Lois in Season 3 there was a total arc on it.
    So this has been done before in other forms of media.

Thats all for now good night all.
    Looking forward to the next one.

Signed

Buck Rogers

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Pretty good episode, stupid use of the Reset Button, but overall a decent episode.

Man, Durance is starting to look really stunning. And, good-god! Is Tori Spelling made of old cake batter and tattoo ink?

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Above average.

Lois is back, lots of Chloe, actually going somewhere with the Doomsday business and some progress with Clark's whole Superman thing.

15. Guy Gardener

There was an episode of Titus, might have been the pilot, where some lasdy screams at Stace Keech, Pappy Titus, "Oh my god! Your baby is going to lick that power socket! Somebody stop him!" And Stacey stopped drinking for long enough to say "Let him. It'll teach him a lesson.

16. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This episode was lacking compared to the rest of the season. For me, it was how everything was so damned predictable. You knew there would be a reset button but that didn't bother me. What did was that you knew there would be kryptonite in the tool box instead of the Legion ring. They didn't need to show Linda Lake eavesdropping, it would have been more effective to reveal that once he opens the box. When she falls down, there just happens to be a wrench right there by her hand. And when he corners her at the end, that fuse box just happens to be sitting there conveniently on the wall for him to grab.
    It's like they let the interns set up the scenes for this one.
    But the real negative was the impression that we're going to go through the Lana angst with Lois now. Unless, he'll let the Red-Blue blur romance her?

There were positives however:
    Clark realizing he needed a secret identity.
    Lois and Erica Durance is back! The show is so much better with her.

17. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it's impossible for them to be together because of what he's becoming but still...why not Chloe and Davis? Those two are electric whenever they're together onscreen. When Chloe is with Jimmy the Creepy Two-Timing Dullard, it sucks all the energy out of her.

18. Guy Gardener

Chloe is trying to prove that she will be with anyone rather than Clark a little too hard if you ask me.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Methinks you're right, Guy. The poor girl's in denial.

:devil:

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Procutus, Alli looks a little pale in that picture. :eek: