Smallville: 10x07 "Ambush" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Superman! (Excellent)

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. The Blur (Good)

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Clark Kent (Mild Mannered and Average)

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kal (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Superdouche (Terrible)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sigh...I didn't think they would explain where she's been. Lois shouldn't have been surprised to see her since she talked to her last season on the damn cell phone lol. This is among the things that bug me about "Smallville" and what certain "causal" fans who will remain nameless don't seem to get that piss off long time viewers.

2. Admiral_Young

Just finished watching it and thought it was quite good, easily one of the highlights of this season even if they didn't explain where Lucy has been. Michael Ironside is just awesome, and I assume that the question that Clark was going to ask him was permission to marry Lois? I think Guy is correct that we'll see a wedding, or at least an engagement later this season. Peyton List is hot but once again the writers chose not to evolve her character any, she's still the same character she was six years ago. I am starting to like Rick Flagg, the actor who portrays him just gives off an aura of menace and righteousness that fits the character. I liked the scene between Ollie and Tess but I still think Tess is going to end up betraying them, not of her own will mind you. I was wrong about the tats, indeed the symbol of the Suicide Squad. It was interesting seeing this Thanksgiving gathering at the Kent farm....no Kent family members except Clark this year. Tom was actually decent in this episode, another great acting performance from Erica, she does emotional and conflicted really well. Looking forward to next week.

3. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

It looked like they wanted to explain where Lucy's been but didn't. Lois was on the phone with her last season as I recall.

Picking up Teri Hatcher, even for a cameo, is quite a boon for the show. CW getting the star of a once-major show on another network.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

As far as Lucy goes...there was nothing to evolve...she was still the same as six years ago...which Offsceneville deals with...but she did own up to her mistakes at the end of the ep and it is great the Lanes + Clark are in a good place...minus the Vigilante Registration Act passing. :lol:

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But how dumb is she?

Tagging the general for some fuck with a missile because he propositioned her in a gas station?

That's "buying magic beans" dumb.

She needs a nurse to help her remember to breath and swallow.

She's possibly as dumb as Matt Damon or Michael Scott.

Rubber cutlery.

Not only was she dumb enough to accept such a dull ruse but they anticipated the depth of her stupidity before hand that they knew they didn't have to plan harder than a kiddyfiddler at DisneyLand handing out lolly pops to make a Judus out of the girl.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!?

no one, Not EVEN a LANE is THAT dumb!

6. Admiral_Young

That's what I'm talking about Guy...no character evolution at all and really no explanation for her motivation to do that, except Lois confirmation at the end that Lucy just wanted to impress their dad. Clark wearing that stupid jacket again with the lame slicked back hair do lol. I suppose this is just a precursor to the S curl when he's Superman.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

With all the Lucy dumbness and Clark not being in the Suit...which he has earned...so I am not buying that from the PSW anymore...this ep is alot like Smallville of old. :lol:

[edit] It has "Warp" freak of the weak...noble villain ala Lex in Flag and all the family BS. ;)

8. Admiral_Young

Oh Jet...cruise on over to Smallville wiki's synopsis for "Patriot" and it spoils Mera's status, not that it's surprising but AC has been busy since we last saw him ;)

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Actually nothing new there I didn't know already. ;)

Elena Satine has a nice bosom. :D

10. Admiral_Young

Okay I must be skipping over pages in the hiatus thread again :( and yes she is. She was also heavily campaigning for the part of Mary Jane in the Spider-Man reboot which is weird since we know that there is no MJ in that movie now. She was supposedly on the short list though and auditioned.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Well we get "Patriot" and then "Luthor" then the winter hiatus. Did you read the Summer Hiatus? there is an ep called "Fortune" like ep 15 or so...not sure what to make of it.

12. Admiral_Young

I know the episodes remaining before the Christmas hiatus. I mentioned my thoughts about "Luthor" already, not sure if anyone saw them or not. It seems Kryptonsite has the Booster and Blue Beetle episode slated after "Fortune". I thought this episode already had a title?? Wasn't it going to be called "Blue and Gold"?

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It was...I dunno...it worries me they don't have it out now. :sigh: I think it is happening later than they thought...like ep 16/17.

As a single ep title they can't use "Blue" that was in S7.

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah I think originally they had it planned for around episode nine or ten and had to push it back due to Geoff's hectic writing schedule and not to mention his new duties at DC Ent.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think "Fortune" sounds like a Booster Gold ep. :lol:

16. Admiral_Young

That could be possible, maybe it's a two part episode which I doubt since Geoff would have wanted to write both parts if that was the case. I'm wondering if "Fortune" doesn't have anything to do with the Luthor's still...

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It sucks because such little has been coming out past the eps pre-winter hiatus.

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:techman:

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

You're not kidding, AR07, the dude is seriously intimidating! I can think of a mere handful of roles where Ironside didn't come off as a complete and total scary hard-ass. He's great. And you're 'nightmare' is just too funny; can you imagine being some poor shrub dating his daughter IRL and having to meet Michael?

:lol:

20. Admiral_Young

I remember first encountering Michael Ironside when he was the new/hard ass commander on "Seaquest DSV" and loved the dude then. I agree Jet, not too much news has come out regarding second half episodes yet. I assume we'll get more after Christmas break. I didn't get all teary eyed when they blew up the Talon. I almost laughed actually.