Single best Star Trek season?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by BlueStuff, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek season 1, although season 2 has a lot of my go-to episodes.

Kor

2. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Biased Me wants to say TNG's season 2 because it's my personal all time favorite, but "favorite" doesn't automatically equal "best", so... my vote goes to TNG's season 3. :)

3. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's funny, because S2 is generally considered "the best" it seems, but I think an over-abundance of the parallel Earth stories, plus a slight overdose of the lighthearted approach cause me to like 1 and 3 just a little better.

But, to your point, it has some of the best individual episodes in the entire franchise.

4. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It’s clear to me after being in this forum for a short time that my views on Star Trek differ greatly to the community at large. The seasons that people adore are mediocre to me while many that people dislike, I enjoyed. I notice this goes for nearly every aspect; including characters, individual episodes, ethics, politics, plot lines, tech etc. I’ve found it quite fascinating.

Particular episodes I liked involved Phantasms, Sub Rosa, Thine own self, Genesis and Parallels. I like most of the episodes.

Henoch likes this.
  5. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I definitely like Phantasms, Thine Own Self, and Parallells.

And I also know what it's like being the fan who doesn't toe the line. I love season 3 of TOS and I love Star Trek V. And I've found staying out of ethics / politics discussions is for the best. I love everyone, but it can be a massive echo-chamber in here on those particular topics, and I've noticed outliers get ganged up on and branded VERY quickly.

Welcome to the boards! :beer:

6. Ocanain

Ocanain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the welcome. I’m comfortable with having the unique perspectives that I do and can certainly handle myself in terms of mob views and such, especially politically. After all, not being on the political left inspires quite a lot of opposition when in comes to Star Trek.

Catch you around the forum quadrant.

Henoch and Vger23 like this.
  7. Henoch

Henoch Glowing Globe Premium Member

TOS Season 1
    Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley just eat up every scene; what a way to kick off a franchise! Best technology concepts and designs for a SF show at that time in TV or movie history (yes, better than Forbidden Planet). Season 1 for all the other Trek series come off as weak in comparison.

Ocanain likes this.
  8. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

If it was allowed to merge the best from two seasons that followed each other, answer would be easy.
    Combining the best 26 episodes from TNG seasons 3 and 4, there's your answer.