Seth Macfarlane tapped to host this years Academy Awards!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Data Holmes, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

2. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

He says he'll need to adapt his style somewhat for the Academy audience. So he may cut back on the atheism comments.

Too many hosts joke about the excessive length, but they wouldn't have to if the producers would do something about it. It's not rocket science. All the other award shows generally stay within their set lengths.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

That should be a lot of fun to watch. Love him or hate him for Family Guy, he does do a pretty good job hosting and doing impressions, and he's pretty fearless about joking about celebrities, so I'm looking forward to it. I hope they tailor things to his style a bit instead of only trying to force the usual Oscars comedy on him.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gee, I wonder if there'll be any songs.

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

What a choice!

This should be fun.

:techman:

6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because this will be the first Oscars with a song or two?

7. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Works for me, I thought he did a nice job on SNL the other week.

8. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

they should've got ricky gervais

9. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Not a bad idea, but then you'd have Sean Penn countering whatever accurate point he made, actor by actor. And you couldn't get away with endless self-testimonials how noble and inspirational the Hollywood acting profession is to the world while getting expensive goodie bags just for presenting, or wearing and/or keeping $40,000 dresses they never even bothered to pay for, which have nothing to do with their films anyway.

10. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Put me in the camp that loved him, but I have hated recent Family Guy and with him using the show as a blunt object to tell us how stupid we all for believing what we want. Sure, it can be funny, once, twice, maybe the third time. But it has grown tiresome and if he could prove he could do something else besides copying the Family Guy formula again and again (see American Dad, The Cleveland Show), I may revisit my feelings.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well him hosting might actually get me to watch the show this year.

12. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Another failure to choose the best man... c'mon, guys, the Shat won't live forever! :p

13. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

''AND thenomineesforBestActor.....ARE.....BradPitt......for....THE! TREE!! OF!! LIFE!!!!''

14. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. In fact, I think we should encourage him. The more success he finds as 'himself,' the greater the possibility he'll stop churning out derivative riffs on the same show over and over.

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

He has admitted the show is long past where he would have preferred to let it go out with some dignity and fond memories intact, but as long as Fox is footing the bill for everything else he wants to do he has no good reason to stop giving them the 22 episodes a year they ask for.

16. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

22 episodes? More like 66 when you add in 'Black Family Guy' and 'Republican Family Guy.'

17. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

:facepalm: Sounds like a terrible idea to me, but I don't find him the least bit funny.

18. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Kind of ironic, considering he messed up his only line while presenting on the Emmy's a couple weeks ago (didn't go over to the mic so no one could hear him, then made some joke about not going to rehearsals). He can have some funny jokes but he generally irritates me quite a bit, seems kind of full of himself.

19. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Honestly, I think it's a brilliant choice. I'm no fan of McFarlane's animated works outside of pre-cancellation Family Guy (and its first season after coming back) and American Dad (which McFarlane doesn't write or even supervise; he simply does voice work on it), but the guy's whole thing is that he absolutely adores old-time Hollywood, which you can see in work like very early Family Guy. He's a consummate showman and entertainer. If you're that disgusted by the choice, you're giving someone waaaay down the line too much credit.

I'm really looking forward to what he puts together -- it has to be better than the James Franco Experience, or embalmed Billy Crystal (complete with blackface!).

20. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lucky there's a-cademy guy.