Set blueprint exchange

It's worth scrolling through all 600-ish entries, there are some more real gems in there. Apparently, Jein had the "lost" Red Leader X-Wing model from Star Wars all along. And did we know that the "Spock's Brain" remote control was made out of the communicator from "The Cage"? I don't think I knew that until I saw a picture of the back in its listing.

It's worth scrolling through all 600-ish entries, there are some more real gems in there. Apparently, Jein had the "lost" Red Leader X-Wing model from Star Wars all along. And did we know that the "Spock's Brain" remote control was made out of the communicator from "The Cage"? I don't think I knew that until I saw a picture of the back in its listing.

Yep, there's also costumes from Gene Roddenberry's "Planet Earth" designed by William Theiss, and Matt Jefferies concept art for the "Pegasus" (based on his "Leif Erickson" starship design) made for George Pals proposed TV series of "War of the Worlds".

It's like a super museum of scifi images. I even spotted an Amplicall Intercom in the last image from Zombies of the Stratosphere. Very cool stuff.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/mo...em-BrowseTabs-Auction-Open-ThisAuction-120115

I’ve always loved that early version of the Type-7 shuttle based on Probert’s original concept. I didn’t think the model ever got into the show; very cool to see how well-kept it was under Greg Jein’s care after all these years!

that article needs some updating, turns out the Copernicus is screen used and not a "study model", afterall. HA auctions did a pretty good assessment, and you can match the details on the "Coming of Age" model against the later type 7 uses in Unnatural Selection and Samaritan snare, they're different models. Greg Jein was famous for always doing two models for his trek contracts, the shuttle was obviously hte same deal.

that article needs some updating, turns out the Copernicus is screen used and not a "study model", afterall. HA auctions did a pretty good assessment, and you can match the details on the "Coming of Age" model against the later type 7 uses in Unnatural Selection and Samaritan snare, they're different models. Greg Jein was famous for always doing two models for his trek contracts, the shuttle was obviously hte same deal.

The article was already updated with info and photos from the auction on the "Shuttle Miniature" section, which already stated that the Copernicus model was screen used. The photo near the top is correctly labeled as a study model, it has several differences from both of the final models.

Yeah I could see that. Based on the orientation, only seeing the front and top, it would explain why the model had zero details on the rear and ventral sides.

PC has now been replaced - what should have been 5-10 days took 4 weeks before I finally got it. After that setup and further problems reared their head so things took way longer than anticipated.

I have a big announcement - a massive upload to the Archive.
@NervousEnergy has contributed a huge collection of concept art - several GB of images.
conceptartpreview.png

The original selection of concept art was small, and this massive expansion is quite incredible.

You can view the concept art in the Concept art folder of the Set Blueprint Archive - http://archive.frogland.co.uk/Concept Art/index.html

Big thanks to @NervousEnergy for this collection

The update is amazing, tons of stuff I had never seen before!

That being said, I think it needs some reorganization. Lots of images are in the wrong folder; such as several TMP concept pieces from the orbital office complex being labeled Enterprise-A interiors; multiple ships sharing a single folder (Klingon BoP) or the same ship separated in multiple ones (Jem'Hadar fighter/attack ship).

Just my two cents :)

The update is amazing, tons of stuff I had never seen before!

That being said, I think it needs some reorganization. Lots of images are in the wrong folder; such as several TMP concept pieces from the orbital office complex being labeled Enterprise-A interiors; multiple ships sharing a single folder (Klingon BoP) or the same ship separated in multiple ones (Jem'Hadar fighter/attack ship).

Just my two cents :)
I categorised as best as I could! But yes please do let me know of any errors

I categorised as best as I could! But yes please do let me know of any errors
One quick one. Under Starfleet Ships, Matt Jefferies' drawings from the book 'The Making of Star Trek', published in 1968, are categorized as 'Enterprise-TAS'

--------------
Edit to add; Thanks for putting this stuff out there. Overall, the site looks clean and loads fast. :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:

Last edited:
Back