Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Starscape

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyfa

Commodore
Commodore
September's challenge was all about starships. New or old, existing designs or something unique fresh off the drawing board, beauty shots or unusual angles, anything goes. Or went, as time's up, the entries are in, and it's time to vote for your favourites.
As we've had such a great turnout this month - both quantity and quality - you get two votes. So, here are the challengers (click to embiggen):

@Admiral2's modified Enterprise NCC-1701
daaa9b982912884.png

Cyfa's nebulous Norway-class:
Two+Soups+-+Cyfa%27s+TrekBBS+Art+Challenge+09+2018.jpg

@Laura Cynthia Chambers' Dart-class USS Lollipop:
riker-with-lollipop-model_orig.jpg

@Michael's hospital ship USS Malala:
ESfXGX4.jpg

@Rattrap's hospital ship USS Liviu Librescu:
Librescu_9-18.jpg

@Screamble's USS Phoenix NCC-625 close-up:
2018_September_Entry_Scribble_Final.jpg

@Starscape's asteroid exploring TOS starship:
sep18_trekbbs_starscape.jpg

Voting is open for three days. And remember: you can vote for two :)

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen them all, but damn there's some fine work here!

Great work, everyone!

I want to thank @Cyfa for this month's challenge. His idea for this challenge gave me the inspiration to work on modeling a ship that I've wanted to create for a very long time but have not done so.

Last edited:
You're welcome, @Screamble :) I'm just pleased that so many people made the time and effort for this month's challenge, as the results certainly are "damn […] fine"! So many great ideas, and some exceptional details in all entries. Wonderful!

some reason the last 2 i cant see
- Which browser (is that the right word?) are you using? I'm currently using Google Chrome from work and I can't see Screamble's and Starscape's images either (in this thread, or the Contest thread). Although, I can see them on my phone (Windows). Is anyone else having trouble?

I was really hoping to join in this months challenge but I just ran out of time. I may try to finish it anyway.

- Which browser (is that the right word?) are you using? I'm currently using Google Chrome from work and I can't see Screamble's and Starscape's images either (in this thread, or the Contest thread). Although, I can see them on my phone (Windows). Is anyone else having trouble?

I tried the image links on Firefox and Google Chrome and still didnt load but i used Firefox's Page Info and it let me download the images so i can see them.

I can see all of them just fine. Could be firewall issues for people (especially at work) since scifi.zone and www.starscape.org.uk are not typical image hosting sites that would be whitelisted.

I was really hoping to join in this months challenge but I just ran out of time. I may try to finish it anyway.
- Oh, yes, please do. There can never be enough starships :)

I tried the image links on Firefox and Google Chrome and still didnt load but i used Firefox's Page Info and it let me download the images so i can see them.
- I'm glad you got to them in the end, Kaiser. And thanks for letting me know.

I can see all of them just fine. Could be firewall issues for people (especially at work) since scifi.zone and www.starscape.org.uk are not typical image hosting sites that would be whitelisted.
- Thanks for the tip, BK613. I've saved Screamble's and Starscape's images to my own web page and edited the voting post accordingly. Hopefully they should all be visible to everyone now.

Nice! Thanks for the win, guys! Working on this was a lot of fun. That's actually the very starship design I ever really worked out in that kind of detail. I hope I'll be able to do more of these in the future.

Many thanks to @Cyfa for coming up with such an inspiring theme. I think the number of participants and the quality of the entries illustrates just what a cool theme this really was. I'm wrecking my brain trying to come up with something that's equally inviting. I'll hurry and try to post the new contest soon. :)

Nice work everyone, I agree with Cyfa, there's always room for more starships. :mallory:

Congrats Michael, it really is a nice ship. :techman:

Congratulations, @Michael! I wasn't too sure about your design when I saw the first WIPs, but the finished detailing won me over. :bolian:

That was a fun challenge with a great set of entries, well done all.

Congrats, Michael!

Sorry for the late congratulations...I've been busy and away from the 'net for the most part.

Back