ScreenRant pitch meeting for the Holiday Special

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by tharpdevenport, Dec 16, 2019.

1. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Qonundrum likes this.
  2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm no fan of Jenny Nicholson.. BUT .. BUT.. the whole pitch meeting thing was her idea and she was doing it first.

3. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

For the most part, I like Jenny. Admittedly haven't watched a ton of her stuff, and she can be a little annoying but from what I've seen, she makes a lot of sense. On the other hand, I can't stand the pitch meetings. The eyes creep me out and I can't get past them.

4. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

For that first video, they really needed to photoshop it? :guffaw: Plenty of scenes reveal eyes so wide that they didn't need to tell in interviews they surely must have been high on something rad at the time. And I don't mean the fizzy soft drink but, perhaps, one of said fizzy soft drink's original ingredients later banned...

"a thing" wasn't hipster colloquial slang in 1978, netiher was the grammatical slapchopped misuse of "because" but I think they're using those not unlike a "backhanded compliment". The same way the show introduced Chekov as a new character showing progressivism yet making him the butt of all jokes...

But humor is like the taste of Soylent Green - it varies from person to person, thank you "Futurama" for that... and thank "Family Guy" too. :D

That second clip committed sacrilege - he rails on the prequels! In the age of the sequel trilogy, the prequels are simply perfect (Erm, no, and sometimes for even the same reasons.) Still, the second clip has Threepio stating "piquancy", which is too many syllables for many modern day viewers.

Naturally, Honest Trailers did it best. Right down to Captain Phasma's origins... :devil:

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No they're not. They're still worse than the sequels.

fireproof78 likes this.