sci-fi themed drinks

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Sephiroth, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

the quark's bar in vegas has inspired this thought, anyone got some other sci-fi themed drink ideas? heres one of mine

the "Namekian" (inspired by the planet from DBZ)

add equal parts Cuervo Gold and bombay sapphire Gin to a clear spearmint liquor, makeing sure that for every part of cuervo and sapphire there is an equal part spearmint

it's green, it's mean, and will wipe your mind clean

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Bloodwine-a very sweet merlot, a shot of Stoli blackberry and a dash of vermouth.

Weird, but it works. Don't ask how I got there.:evil:

3. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

Nobody's ever explained the ingredients of Quark's Warp Core Breach to me.

4. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Vodka and four ground up Turbolax pills.

5. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

1 shot Jim Beam, a dash of 7-Up, 1 shot of scotch.

'Beam me up Scotty'

6. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was at a party once where they dumped every bit of booze they had into one punch bowl and called it a Kobayashi Maru.

:lol:

:beer:

:eek:

7. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I never made this but as a joke I made a drink called "The First Wave" (from a line by a sergeant in Starship Troopers about going in with the first wave.)
    It was supposed to be a shot of everclear with a dollop of sour cream on top.

8. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

The Babylon 5 cookbook (Dining on Babylon 5) by Boxtree has recipes for Londo's favourite tipples Brivari and Hot Jala:

Brivari: One part dark rum, one part brandy, one part Triple Sec

Hot Jala: Moisten a martini glass rim with a lemon slice and dip in caster sugar. Then place 30ml cognac, 30ml Cointreau and 45ml blue Curacao in a saucepan with 1tsp icing sugar. Heat until bubbling at the edges, pop in a blender with 45ml soda water and blend until frothy, pour into the sugared glass.

9. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

There's a club here in Ottawa called Zaphod Beeblebrox. So, of course, they have a drink called a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

Quoting from http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink12215.html, here's the ingredients:

1 oz Jack Daniel's Tennessee whiskey
    1 oz peach schnapps
    4 - 6 oz orange juice
    1 splash Blue Curacao liqueur​

Tasty and refreshing, and (unlike the version in the book) it won't get you hammered too quickly.

10. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

From B5, there is also the Jovian Sunspot. Not beign a drinker myself, I imagine the recipe varies depending upon teh source. However, according to the "Urban Dictionary":
    Then there's "Dining on Babylon5" which seems to include a great many of the drinks seen on the show:
    - Hot Jala (cognac,cointreau, blue curacao)
    - Brivari(brandy,rum,triple sec)
    - Jovian Sunspot(cream of coconut,cran-apple juice, vodka, OJ)

Edit: Which I see has already been mentioned by matthunter

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

As one presumed authority has it:

Active ingredients: lots of rum

12. ElScoob

ElScoob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

When the film came out, me, my brother, and a couple of friends spent most of a day trying to perfect our own Gargle Blaster recipe. We used various recipes we found online, including this one, as a starting point and then commenced to experimenting. We came up with something we liked, eventually, and I think maybe someone wrote it down... but the notes were lost. So I have no clue what the final formula may have been.

We were specifically aiming for something that simulated the effects described in the book. I think we succeeded. We also pissed off my sister-in-law because we permanently stained her coffee table in the process.

It was a fun day. We went out and got our tickets, and--seeing as there was a bar near the theater--we decided to keep up the Hitchhikers' themed fun. We got some peanuts, ordered three pints each (well, actually, they were 23 oz. drafts, so a bit more than even an Imperial pint a go... I seem to recall we ordered Bass, on the principle that it was as close to bitter as could be had in our two-bit podunk town in the Ohio Hinterlands), and made a point of starting to drink them exactly twelve minutes before showtime. Then we watched the Earth being destroyed. :devil:

13. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Years and years ago, my university's fantasy-gaming club had a Halloween party with a whole list of Cthulhu-themed drinks.

I only remember two.

A bottle of beer was an 'Investigator'--because you twisted its head off, drained it dry, and discarded the empty shell.

And the Eye of Yog-Sothoth, which consisted of tequila, an egg yolk, and a shot of tabasco. It looked appropriately nasty, but I don't remember it tasting that bad.