Ruminations on TUE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Cobalt Frost, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Cobalt Frost

Cobalt Frost Captain Captain

Cobalt Frost in Phineas & Ferb's backyard
  2. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yep, that era is ripe for storytelling, although it always came across a bit of a dark time in Federation history. That might put off people who already think this current era of Trek is too dark.

3. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with the article. IMO it was a missed opportunity for Discovery to not be set during this time. You still could've gotten Burnham as Sarek's adopted daughter and with it happening after Undiscovered Country it might not have caused as much fan heartburn. Certainly, there would've been no Pike, I doubt they would've recast an older Spock, but who knows about Number One. Though if they needed another legendary Enterprise captain in Pike's place, there's Rachel Garrett, but there's also John Harriman. Or they could've gone with Demora Sulu.

Bringing in the Stargazer crew is a good idea as well. James McAvoy jokingly said he would play a younger Picard. CBS should see if he would.

4. Cobalt Frost

I'm toying with dipping my toe into the TUE waters...

TheLoneRedshirt likes this.
  5. admiralelm11

admiralelm11 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is a Facebook group called The Untold Era if you're interested.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Jump on in!

7. Cobalt Frost

Come on in, the water's fine, eh? :lol:

Bry_Sinclair and TheLoneRedshirt like this.
  8. TheLoneRedshirt

TheLoneRedshirt Commodore Commodore

Another untold era is the period post ST:Enterprise and TOS. I'm playing around with the idea of a Daedalus-class ship, the USS Zephyr, and her crew, circa 2190's. (Yes, I know that the Daedalus-class was retired by then. Zephyr is a re-fit, so carries on a bit longer.)

9. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

I guess you've basically got three large swathes of the Star Trek timeline that are unexplored - First Contact to ENT, ENT to TOS and TUC to TNG, all decades long sandboxes to play in.

Great fun filling in the gaps!

10. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the real world reason the untold Era didn't show much new was budget was scarce and they re used Tos movie gear. So no budget for new uniforms etc. Though I do love the Maroons alot.
    Same with ships. Small budget so we get the Rick version C and not the Probert curvy one.
    If there was a series it could show a better transition from cylinders and dinner plates to smooth curves of Tng.
    I do wish they'd do an animated anthology series to flesh put untold eras abit

11. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the Daedalus-Class and can’t wait to see what you come up with. She was decommissioned in 2196, so has over half the decade to explore.