Roddenberry Vault Deleted Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Methuselah Flint, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Methuselah Flint

Methuselah Flint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In a way, luckier that we have these cut up and given to fans etc than being burnt like the Beeb did with Dr Who.

PhotoBoy, alchemist and Phaser Two like this.
  2. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Too soon. :-(

Methuselah Flint likes this.
  3. albion432

albion432 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here's a "missing role" that I uploaded to youtube a long time ago that I got off of startrekhistory.com

That website also included a deleted scene from "The Corbomite Maneuver" that did not appear on The Vault dvd, where Rand is in Kirk's quarters at the beginning of the episode. I assume it is because we have the frames that we did not see that scene, as it was cut up.

4. alchemist

alchemist Captain Captain

Yes, exactly.

There's not that much overlap between the deleted scenes shown in the Roddenberry Vault set and those shown in Star Trek: Lost Scenes. And where there is overlap, Lost Scenes shows the scenes using different angles, for the most part.

Btw, Lost Scenes shows about half the deleted scenes that are available in the cut up film archives.

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Lost Scenes, Part Two. :shifty:

Grant, Mysterion and Methuselah Flint like this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Course you realize you are talking to one of the guys from Startrekhistory from which you apparently poached that clip. Awkward.

7. albion432

I had a feeling that might be the case, since his icon image is the cover of his channel's book, of which I own a copy. Hopefully he's a bit forgiving, I did included a link to their website when I uploaded it, all of which I did to help raise awareness of the awesome work they've done over the years. But thanks for the heads up!

It's a great book by the way, I highly recommended it to anyone who has not yet bought a copy.

8. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

"Lost scenes Part 2" and o"Original series movies lost scenes" please

9. alchemist

Thanks! If the first book sells well, then the publisher will green light a second volume. Thanks in advance for getting the word out about the book whenever you can!

Thanks for including the link. One of the major reasons we stopped updating our site is because we kept finding our stuff wandering off.

10. Pauln6

I enjoyed the book. Haven't looked at the website though. Will do so!

11. albion432

I certainly hope I was not part of the reason you stopped. If you have more, please update! I haven't done a close comparison between the book and the site, does the book have more in it than what's on the site?

12. Pauln6

Bummer. My laptop says my Flash player is up to date but the site tells me I need an update. :-(

13. alchemist

Not in a major way. Things were getting out of hand though, especially when our work started appearing without permission and/or attribution in other authors' publications.
    There's some overlap but not much. We wanted to give people a reason to buy the book so it contains many more pictures, especially those from deleted scenes.
    Sorry about that. We haven't updated the site in a long time.

albion432 likes this.