News Rock & roll pioneer Little Richard passes at 87

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Old Mixer, May 9, 2020.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...barriers-dead-at-87/ar-BB13Q3x7?ocid=msedgntp

Tutti-Frutti

(Charted Jan. 14, 1956; #17 US; #2 R&B; #29 UK; #43 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time)

Long Tall Sally

(Charted Apr. 7, 1956; #6 US; #1 R&B; #3 UK; #56 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time)

The Girl Can't Help It

(Charted Jan. 16, 1957; #49 US; #7 R&B; #9 UK; #413 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time)

Keep a Knockin'

(Charted Sept. 21, 1957; #8 US; #2 R&B; #21 UK; #442 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time)

Good Golly, Miss Molly

(Charted Feb. 8, 1958; #10 US; #4 R&B; #8 UK; #94 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    StarCruiser and auntiehill like this.
  2. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

RIP Little Richard. :(

StarCruiser likes this.
  3. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral

A fantastic musician, and certainly a character. What strikes me as tragic about him was his obvious struggle with his sexuality. While at times over the decades he came out as gay, bisexual, even omnisexual, every now and then he denounced homosexuality as unnatural. His strict religious family background apparently didn't let him accept himself. I hope he can now find his peace in death that he could not find in life.

StarCruiser likes this.
  4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

A ground-breaking artist. RIP.

Random_Spock and StarCruiser like this.
  5. gblews

gblews Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not only did he create a context for the music he also gave rock it’s first androgynous and outrageous dandy. One of his first bands was called The Upsetters — in the 50’s — which was entirely appropriate.

I used to work with one of Richard’s sisters years ago. She once told me that the Beatles came to visit Richard at her mom’s house when she was a little kid. She said she was pretty young at the time and didn’t realize the gravity of it until years later. :lol:

RIP (It Up!)

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

7. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Vice Admiral Admiral