RIP "The Alpha Quadrant" Podcast

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by t_smitts, Sep 27, 2018.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forgive me if this is not in the right section. I wasn't sure. Anyways...

For those who don't know, Aron Eisenberg and Garrett Wang have been hosting a web series for the past few months or so called "The Alpha Quadrant", along with a former "Big Brother" cast member by the name of Evel Dick. Most episode focused on a single episode of a current sci-fi series like Discovery or the Orville, (as well as interviewing various actors, including Robert Beltran, Connor Trinneer, Armin Shimerman and a few others) but lately, they'd been alternating between reviewing old episodes of DS9 and Voyager, alternating between the two, starting with their respective pilots.

Sadly, after a month of no episodes (possibly due to Garrett being busy with a number of conventions), it seems Evel Dick and Aron had a falling out, which probably puts the final nail in the show's coffin.

This is a real shame, as I thought it was really neat to see the insight of a couple of insiders on individual episodes. (They only got five or six episodes into each series).

If anyone cares to hear the two sides of what's happened, here's what Aron's said:

https://twitter.com/AronEisenberg/status/1045133942314029057

https://twitter.com/AronEisenberg/status/1045390307393593344

And here's Evel Dick's side of things:

http://blog.eveldick.com/the-alpha-quadrant-webcast-425

This is really disappointing.

2. Sverre

Sverre Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It looks like from Garrets comments today on twitter, he wants to continue doing a show with Aron. It really sounds like the Evel Dick guy, felt slighted somehow by Aron, and probably isn't seeing the money he hoped to make with the show. I respect him for getting the show going, and funding it, but I also thought he could be annoying at times, and would often interject when his point really wasn't needed.

Aron and Garret can easily do a show on there own, or there's any number of fans who would help them produce it.

Bad Thoughts likes this.
  3. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I didn't read all of the producer's post but I did read some parts about him saying Aron wasn't available for recording when he said he'd be, and Dick even offering to bow out and let Garrett and Aron continue the show on their own without him. Having seen several episodes of the show, I also notice Aron can talk over people quite a bit.

I, for one, am no producer. I have no money or equipment (beyond a webcam that I actually put back in storage because I never use it) or reach in Hollywood, but I would love to be on a show like this with those guys, just talking about a specific episode.