Riker-O'Brien disagreement?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Emperor-Tiberius, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

And seeing as O'Brien is a noncomm, it only makes sense that his instinct would be to avoid having a public confrontation with a fairly high-ranking officer.

2. Rom's Sehlat

Rom's Sehlat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, it would have helped to start a new thread. Opening old threads is like stabbing the devil: his armies stab you right back! :devil: :devil:

3. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol: I would think hard core Trekkies would be the ones to notice how appallingly incompetent and unprofessional Starfleet often is.

Maybe that's why the scene is confusing to so many. It's not that O'Brian acted inappropriately, it's that he acted outside of the pattern of sloppiness we've come to expect from the pajama brigade.

Skipper and somebuddyX like this.
  4. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

HAHA!! Awesome :bolian:

5. Tulaberry whine

Tulaberry whine Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

You seem to be forgetting DS9 is not Starfleet's space station - it's the Bajoran's space station. Kira is not just there to fill a seat in Ops.

6. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Bingo!

You know, I was just trying to lighten the mood of this thread. :rolleyes:

7. AdmiralGarak

AdmiralGarak Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nobody said he wasn't planning on questioning Riker. He was just waiting for a more reasonable time to do so. Only a complete putz drags up a potentially bitter personal conflict with somebody in the middle of their date. All human decency and dignity says to deal with it later in private.

8. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

plus a senior NCO will wait till a private moment to ask a "WTF" as you don't do that in front of a number of officers.

9. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

We all know this one riker slept with the chiefs wife and she had Molly rikers love child !!!! Puts hand in face !!!!

Seven of Five likes this.
  10. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here, I'll clear it all up for all time (yeah right)

Tom: (Oh shit not only is it a guy from the Enterprise, but the transporter Chief. He probably spent days on the technical debrief concerning my creation AND he knows Will pretty well. He's gonna see through me right way. Think fast Tommy Boy.) "Bugger off, you know why!"

Miles: (Oh shit, I can't believe he's still pissed at me for leaving the Enterprise. I thought that 'I'll never forgive you' goodbye speech was a joke.) "I've got no idea what he's mad about."

11. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

What's hilarious about this is that the OP was answered by the second post.

12. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

But we still don't know whyyyy Riker was pissed at him!!!! :)

Skipper and Seven of Five like this.
  13. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

14. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

What the...?!

Three year thread bump? And it continues stronger than before? Maybe the rapture did happen.

15. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

The only evidence for the rapture even being a possibility would be if it continues to be needlessly bumped.

16. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

The Rapture did happen. It happened back in early Jan 1997. I don't know what everyone's getting so worked up about. Contrary to all doomsayers predictions though, the rapture followed the trials and tribulations, err, tribble-ations, though.

17. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was an awkward scene, but it was clear to me that Thomas was just trying to get rid of somebody who could see through his plan-- and so he made him uncomfortable. O'Brien is clearly confused, but he leaves anyway.

Oh, and calm down--- people like using face palms and "oh no" images because they are funny (and this topic is truly a dead horse around here).

18. Science officer Hirdy

Science officer Hirdy Cadet Newbie

I read a theory somewhere that O'Brien was actually helping the Maquis, hence why he was on the Defiant, and that is why Riker behaved so abrasive towards him, and O'Brien didn't talk back or question him- as to illude any suspect that he may be involved at all.

Going with the theory that Riker said what he did to prevent O'Brien from realising it wasn't true Riker-wouldn't his outburst at him cause more suspicion than just have saying something along the lines of "I'm busy right now/talk later/see you later", rather than say what he did. If anything it was more risky because O'Brien could have started questioning him, or brought it to other staff members.

Also the way he added "and you know why", was proper creepy because what is the reason? Did O'Brien think he'd done something wrong, that leaving the enterprise made Riker really angry...it was just so out of place, and it looked like it was intending to lead somewhere but never did... fuming, i hate this, i wish they had addressed it again....but then again I love drama lol!

Aerotrek likes this.
  19. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Must be some sort of record a 6 year bump. ;)

First of all welcome to the boards Hirdy, as you're still finding your feet here a helpeful tip for future referrence reviving threads which have been in-active for over a year is generally frowned upon. If you have something new to add to a topic such as this it is preferred that you start a new thread.

That being said enjoy your time on the boards.

somebuddyX likes this.
  20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well, I'd say that pretty well covers it. However, I do like to give new recruits a free pass on their first thread necromancy so I'll leave this open for now. Welcome aboard!

somebuddyX likes this.