Review Of Justice

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by USS Excelsior, Oct 7, 2018.

1. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

2. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Gene Roddenberry took a great, serious premise (or three) and rewrote it as a half-baked, too-baked (what drugs were ingested at the time), hornscapade while scribbling to the side the Prime Directive. Complete with hideously blonds wigs for everyone... that's what went wrong, LOL. Always nice to read or see new perspectives, but that guy takes the cake bakery.

By 2:18,
    :guffaw:

And what's wrong with being a grinning mutant? We're all DEVO!
    :angel:

Not sure what he has against sex (cooties?) but otherwise...

3:28 = :guffaw:

Man, the dude's hysterical! (though it's okay to be bi, LOL...)

5:36 - um, get the blu-ray screencap instead to see the glorious alien diaper hiding stuff in crystal clear clarity?!!

but he uses it well? Still, from what one can ascertain, it appears on par with the dimensions of his thumb so it's probably more underrated than I'm desperate to examine expecting.

By 7:46, we finally see someone understand how to do proper jump cuts instead of all those channels where the person talking stops and retakes a scene, mid-scene no less, but is in a slightly different position.

11:40 - along with several other times, more :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Surprised he doesn't rag on the set at 11:59 as it's a slight redress of Q's judicial chamber, just in an awe-inducing yellow whiz color...

Impressed with his ultimate rating, with disclaimer immediately afterward. Even if he uses some TVMA words, but with this episode it's rather unavoidable...

Great review channel, thank you much for relaying it!

Lance likes this.
  3. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The original version by John D.F. Black was darker and more obviously dystopian, but also felt (to me at least) like it would've come across as a remake of TOS's "Return of the Archons". The addition of the sexcapades and generic God-like alien may have felt silly, but they made the episode distinct.

4. Spirit of 73

Spirit of 73 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Not quite at the bottom of Season One, but close to it.

5. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

I seem to like this one more than most. Not saying it's good...but relatively speaking I seem to find it a guilty pleasure.